Deleting and reinstalling the CRJ

jay jay

I may need to delete and reinstall the CRJ to address a botched add-on.   I purchased this software direct from Aerosoft.   Do I simply go in and delete the CRJ file in my community folder?    For reinstalling, I assume I can just log into my account with Aerosoft and I'll be able to re-download the package with no issues?    It's been a while, I don't recall needing a key or anything special during the initial installation.   

Any help is much appreciated. 

Did you install it via Aerosoft One?  ASO should be able to take care of uninstalling and reinstalling it without issue.

If not, deleting it from the community folder should be fine.  I haven't seen anything on here about needing to clean out any extra folders (AppData, etc.) and I haven't seen any issues after un/reinstalling a few times.

If you want to download and install it manually, keys and download links can be found on the Aerosoft website.  Log in and click "Instant Downloads."

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
21 minutes ago, Ha_Ma said:

Deleting from the community folder works fine. I would just recommend to delete the Content.xml from LocalCache as well. 

I recommend not to do so. If one made the installation via AerosoftONE, in the community folder there are only links to the physical files, which got not deleted in your case. That means when you install the new version, there might be leftovers of older files.

So simpl use the provided install/uninstall procedure and do not fiddle around with manually deleting/moving files.

Archived