Future of Simple Traffic?

RogePete

Hi my fellow Aerosofts,

my question is about the plans / the future of Simple Traffic. I know what you intended when you released this product. But are there any plans for later improvement. For example:

• implementing custom models (provided they will be performance friendly) and get rid of the default Asobo AI models?
  • improve the AI behaviour (provided the SDK makes it possible)

Thanks for answers.

Good question! I really like Simple Traffic :) However, I don't know if we can expect too much if you look at the initial pricing. Custom models take a lot of time to develop and AI has numerous issues (causing a lot of support)...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RogePete said:

improve the AI behaviour (provided the SDK makes it possible)

I doubt any AI dev would do this for a number of reasons, but I think asobo are planning on improving the AI this year

• Aerosoft
3 hours ago, RogePete said:
  • implementing custom models (provided they will be performance friendly) and get rid of the default Asobo AI models?
  • improve the AI behaviour (provided the SDK makes it possible)

The first we do not plan as it would raise the price too much. If you want that there are freeware options that work pretty well, but are just more complex.

The second? No idea until we know about the options.

I think simple traffic is still the best AI traffic mod out there. I have used the "other" free version with static aircraft and it simply doesn't work for me. After landing most of the time I am assigned a gate that has static aircraft already parked there. I switched from simple traffic for one and one reason only. The pointy noses of all aircraft. Is there a way for me to fix that if you guys are not planning on doing anything about it? I understand that it does add fps to the whole picture but these pointy noses simply look ridiculous and just flattening them a bit should do it. There are other things too that I can point out but that will, as the admin Mathjis said, raise the cost of this utility. Please help so that I can switch back to simple traffic.

Personally I have used both the free options and simple traffic, the advantage of the free options are pretty clear. However, simple traffic is just what it says and can be set up and running in the time it takes to read the install guide for the free options!!! Simple traffic though also is deceptively complex under the hood, but.... the models aren't great. The other thing is Simple traffic is nowhere near as heavy on frame rates.... On balance I use the free option now, However, I can see why people would use the Simple traffic option especially if you flew all over the world(over one area)or you have limited disk space. 

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, bluemoon51 said:

Personally I have used both the free options and simple traffic, the advantage of the free options are pretty clear. However, simple traffic is just what it says and can be set up and running in the time it takes to read the install guide for the free options!!! Simple traffic though also is deceptively complex under the hood, but.... the models aren't great. The other thing is Simple traffic is nowhere near as heavy on frame rates.... On balance I use the free option now, However, I can see why people would use the Simple traffic option especially if you flew all over the world(over one area)or you have limited disk space. 

Exactly how we feel about it.  Now if it would be available on the Marketplace we would be even more happy, lol.

Am 4.4.2022 um 04:23 schrieb craigeaglefire:

I like the pointy noses!

I don't. 😄

Maybe that could be a 'simple' (pun intended) project - to just make the noses a bit more curved.

Am 5.4.2022 um 09:51 schrieb mopperle:

You should ask Asobo to correct this, as the models are default MSFS objects.

I know. And I don't critisize Simple Traffic. I just was wondering if there is any further plan for it.