New to CRJ700 and really enjoying it! A couple of questions for anyone

NoelCP

I was surprised I learned enough on this plane to have reliable flights after one video tutorial and 5 flights now but I guess past experience helps!   I think it's a fabulous rendition and love the fact YOU have to fly this beast else you're toast and that adds meaning, especially of late I've been flying default quite automated default planes.  My sense from comments elsewhere is that its reputation for having finicky navigation is more a case of failure to accept the smaller envelope this plane seems to demand but it's very reasonable and I love the fact you really do need to pay attention!  Thanks!!

So far manually inputting waypoints created by the MSFS World Map planning function, and it's fine I don't care to employ SimBrief right now.  I'm having no problem staying on routes and controlling everything about the plane that matters for routine IFR flying.  I do have a couple of questions if you will:

1. For my 69 y/o diabetic eyes the altitude set text is hard to read it's so small and I'm wondering the basic procedure to reprogram the Ctrl-Number views that Aerosoft coded/programmed/configured for it.  I do use Ctrl-Alt-Number that I program but for other things so I'm hoping just to reprogram the ones that came w/ plane.   I know this is a generic MSFS question but thought I'd ask if anyone knows.  Another option might be a Win 10 magnifier (not the heinous default one) if anyone can recommend something discreet but effective.
  2. Is 'Radar' not implemented?  I'm guess it's not but I see there are some knobs related I think.
  3. How can the VNAV link be used?  Or if the manual is clear enough point me there!
  4. Any other voice packs available for the cabin announcements?

Anyway, thanks again really having a blast and I read an update is in the works which sounds great for the polish.  I wonder if you might be open to adding a cabin announcement when the seatbelt sign comes on or goes off etc. 

Cheers

Zoom in to the pdf so that you can see the set altitude, then press cont alt and a number. That saves the view.

neither terrain or weather radars are implemented so do not work in the crj

when you set your descent altitude, wait until the top of descent is reached (the snowflake) then press vnav. However the vnav on the crj is approximate only so quite often it will leave you too high so you need to take manual control of the rate of descent at some stage.

no other voiced I am aware of.

For 1, use right alt + click the PFD and it'll pop out into it's own window.  You can do it with any display.

2. Radar is not currently workable with the WASM code behind the scenes in the CRJ; they're testing terrain radar in the update in work, but Asobo needs to open more up via the API.

4.  There are two third party add-ons that come to mind: Flight Simulator First Officer Next and FS2CREW.  FSFO Next currently has it's own set of cabin announcements so you should disable the CRJ ones, FS2CREW I believe will be adding them in the future.  It has a few the CRJ does not have, but mostly preflight immersion stuff.  I think both are great tools, but they do essentially the same things so you don't necessarily need both.

Not aware of any standalone sound packs that just add announcements, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, RF pilot said:

Zoom in to the pdf ...

He meant the PFD (Primary Flight Display) rather than a .pdf file. Helpful comment though, so an upvote.

14 hours ago, Joe Markowski said:

For 1, use right alt + click the PFD and it'll pop out into it's own window. 

That is great to know thanks Joe!  I wonder, is it possible to resize those outs and save their resizing?  Probably not but perhaps so.

Cheers

15 hours ago, RF pilot said:

Zoom in to the pdf so that you can see the set altitude, then press cont alt and a number. That saves the view.

Thanks, yes I mentioned this is what do (Ctrl-Alt-Number to program, Alt-Number to execute), however I was hoping to learn how to reset Ctrl-number (w/o the Alt key) which were preprogrammed by the developer, and I was hoping to reprogram to my preferred views.   There must be a way to do it I've just not researched it enough.

Cheers

27 minutes ago, NoelCP said:

That is great to know thanks Joe!  I wonder, is it possible to resize those outs and save their resizing?  Probably not but perhaps so.

Cheers

You can resize them, yes.  If you pop out multiple it adds them to the same window, but you can separate them into their own windows with the magnifying glass icon.

As far as I know there's no way to save how you place or resize them.

20 minutes ago, Joe Markowski said:

As far as I know there's no way to save how you place or resize them.

Is this an Aerosoft created feature, or is it built in to MSFS?  I would prefer to be able to pop them out and save their resizings, per plane so perhaps can request this to Aerosoft or MSFS as appropriate

12 minutes ago, NoelCP said:

Is this an Aerosoft created feature, or is it built in to MSFS?  I would prefer to be able to pop them out and save their resizings, per plane so perhaps can request this to Aerosoft or MSFS as appropriate

Stock MSFS feature, though not all planes implement it.  The Twin Otter and the Big Radials Goose didn't initially support it, for example.

However, I just quickly consulted the Book of Google about resizing the panels and I found this: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/updated-with-new-features-msfs-pop-out-panel-manager-v3-2-beta-automatically-pop-out-and-save-panel-position/460613 so this might be what you want.

19 hours ago, NoelCP said:

Any other voice packs available for the cabin announcements?

I like the default CRJ announcements enough.

vor 23 Stunden schrieb NoelCP:

thanks again really having a blast

Happy I was one of the guys over at avsim who talked you into the CRJ. Loving it too

2 hours ago, LH4371 said:

Happy I was one of the guys over at avsim who talked you into the CRJ. Loving it too

And I thank you for your efforts! 

On 3/30/2022 at 3:11 PM, NoelCP said:

Cheers

Note popping displays like that works for any "digital" display like the GPS units (in most planes), but doesn't work on traditional gauges.

Couple of questions plz:  

How to cope with the slowly accelerating taxi speed?  Dunno if this is built-in or something is mis-set here.  I did calibrate the throttle so that isn't it I don't think.

I wonder if someone would be so kind as so post a screenshot of their basic cockpit view.   Here's mine, and as you can see glass displays are out of view and if I raise them the outside world is much more obscured.  Here's what I'm looking at right now:

Please login to display this image.

Consider TrackIR, it will allow you enlarging you view and moving it in syc with you head.

For me flying with TrackIR was the only option, until I discovered VR.

On 4/1/2022 at 5:31 PM, NoelCP said:

Couple of questions plz:  

How to cope with the slowly accelerating taxi speed?  Dunno if this is built-in or something is mis-set here.  I did calibrate the throttle so that isn't it I don't think.

I wonder if someone would be so kind as so post a screenshot of their basic cockpit view.   Here's mine, and as you can see glass displays are out of view and if I raise them the outside world is much more obscured.  Here's what I'm looking at right now:

Taxiing too fast? well, brakes are there for a reason :) I don't remember having acceleration at idle issues but I only fly the -900 & -1000 these days. Make sure the throttle axes aren't going to -16k when your throttle hardware stops at 0.

There's a couple of views, probably a bit more zoomed in than usual, but I also use TrackIR & move my head around a lot ( and I probably had to lean forwards a  bit to hit a screencap key combo anyway ). Please ignore the A/C not entirely configured properly by the looks of it, I think I was too busy gawking 😛

Archived