Pending updates

11 hours ago, Crabby said:

Yep.  I tend to hit the a/p quickly when I am flying on VATSIM out of a heavily controlled airport so I can be free for comms and I leave it on longer for the same reason when arriving to a heavily staffed airport.  My TrackIR just got delivered and I am hoping that that will allow me to fly off a/p a bit longer by making it easier to get to and change comms.  

Track IR is next level biz.

Nice. It must be easier to glance over, change the comms/nav etc, then get back to it.

14 hours ago, jstnj said:

@Mathijs Kok is LNAV being looked at for this release? Oscillations and tracking issues have been long-standing issues with the CRJ.

This has been discussed by AS and so that means it is being looked at.  Here is the problem.  This does not appear to be a universal issue.  Yes, many have reported it, and many have also reported not seeing it, and I would suspect that many who have not seen it just don't say anything.  The last message I saw from AS was that it had not been replicated.  If it can't be replicated it can't be fixed.  Now, I am not saying that you don't see this and by the same token I want you to believe me when I say I have never seen it.  Flying E/W, N/S or any combination of in between, real weather, clear skies etc; I just don't see it.  Why are many seeing it and many not?  I haven't got the slightest idea.  Frankly, I wish that everyone had it or not.  That would be easy.  

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely an Updated needed after the latest MSFS sim update. 1.25.7.0 has not been very nice for me and the CRJ. Made a flight today that resulted in a CTD. KPHX to KLAS on the ZEPER2 SID, climbing to FL260 before RRSTA. Prior to that around 3000 I decided to test out A/P with 9000 set. I experienced a -3000 fpm dive and cancelled the A/P asap. Continued the climb. Was stable at 250kts and engaged A/P again. Increased power, selected SPEED and shortly after received a CTD. Lol Frustrated I just closed everything and restarted my PC. And now I'm on the forums searching for answers.  Bummer because before the recent MSFS sim update I was having so much fun in the CRJ-900 with TM yoke, and Bravo throttle quadrant. The TM yoke makes all the difference with how smooth and responsive it is. I hope that all this gets resolved soon.

17 hours ago, Capt Shark said:

Definitely an Updated needed after the latest MSFS sim update. 1.25.7.0 has not been very nice for me and the CRJ. Made a flight today that resulted in a CTD. KPHX to KLAS on the ZEPER2 SID, climbing to FL260 before RRSTA. Prior to that around 3000 I decided to test out A/P with 9000 set. I experienced a -3000 fpm dive and cancelled the A/P asap. Continued the climb. Was stable at 250kts and engaged A/P again. Increased power, selected SPEED and shortly after received a CTD. Lol Frustrated I just closed everything and restarted my PC. And now I'm on the forums searching for answers.  Bummer because before the recent MSFS sim update I was having so much fun in the CRJ-900 with TM yoke, and Bravo throttle quadrant. The TM yoke makes all the difference with how smooth and responsive it is. I hope that all this gets resolved soon.

You won't want to hear this, however, this does not appear to be happening to a majority of people.  No one I fly with has had any issues with SU9 and the CRJ.  Now, this is not a bad thing for you.  It means that things are fundamentally ok.  I would start with a clean community folder.  Then add the CRJ back in with zero liveries, zero other addons like scenery.  See if the situation is different.  If so, you will need to do detective work to see which addon you have is incompatible with SU9.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Crabby said:

You won't want to hear this, however, this does not appear to be happening to a majority of people.  No one I fly with has had any issues with SU9 and the CRJ.  Now, this is not a bad thing for you.  It means that things are fundamentally ok.  I would start with a clean community folder.  Then add the CRJ back in with zero liveries, zero other addons like scenery.  See if the situation is different.  If so, you will need to do detective work to see which addon you have is incompatible with SU9.  

Thanks, bro! I have been messing around with it and decided to delete the Rolling Cache again and leave it off this time. I also went back to the mouse settings in windows and changed the size down one level. Going to try it again. I did a flight after leaving off the Rolling Cache, but forgot to tune in the ILS in to KLAS. It tried to Auto Tune. Freq was in, but nothing on the FMS and no active captures on the MFD. I reloaded and did a pattern in the circuit but this time manually entering the ILS freq and it did fine that time. It's just frustrating to have weeks of good flying only to be interrupted by a "sim update" that does not always improve the sim.

23 hours ago, Capt Shark said:

Thanks, bro! I have been messing around with it and decided to delete the Rolling Cache again and leave it off this time. I also went back to the mouse settings in windows and changed the size down one level. Going to try it again. I did a flight after leaving off the Rolling Cache, but forgot to tune in the ILS in to KLAS. It tried to Auto Tune. Freq was in, but nothing on the FMS and no active captures on the MFD. I reloaded and did a pattern in the circuit but this time manually entering the ILS freq and it did fine that time. It's just frustrating to have weeks of good flying only to be interrupted by a "sim update" that does not always improve the sim.

I would recommend you look into Addon Linker from flightsim.to  It is free and gives you some great benefits provide you don't buy ANYTHING from the sim store unless that is your only option. 

1. Using it you can organize your "community folder".  You chose another folder, mine is called MSFS Addons.  Under that I have Aircraft, Cities, Liveries, Airports (and under this one I have folders for countries and states) and Utilities.  I put all my stuff there.  Addon Linker then allows me to create a symbolic link from what I want active in the sim to the sim's community folder.  My community folder is all symbolic links.

2. When updates come, I press one checkbox and it removes all the symbolic links. 

3. After an update, I then start the sim and make sure it fires up.

4. I then do a flight with only the aircraft I want and the two airports I want.  I then add airports/liveries back in as I use them, so if there is an issue I have a good ide of where the culprit lies.

5. I typically only have about half to three fourths of my addons back in the sim when the next update comes out.  I rinse and repeat.  

That is how you maintain sim sanity.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
vor 12 Stunden schrieb mikkel:

...any more information on this update?

I am also losing faith in AS and any update for my CRJ and Twotter. Luckily I have the FBW, 146 and now PMDG. 

• Aerosoft

Work is very seriously progressing on the update. It is just hard to stay fully functional on a sim that changes (not that we are complaining as the sim is maturing fast). And we are fully up to date on the FBW, 146 and PMDG 737. We love all of these projects (seriously). But they all have their own bugs and limitations. If you seriously use all of these products you will know what I am talking about.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And we are fully up to date on the FBW, 146 and PMDG 737. We love all of these projects (seriously). But they all have their own bugs and limitations. If you seriously use all of these products you will know what I am talking about.

For what it's worth, Just Flight claims to have the LNAV tracking issue fixed in their pending update for the 146.

Sometimes I know companies like to compare notes, perhaps their fix might help with the similar looking issue on the CRJ?

9 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But they all have their own bugs and limitations.

Something about pot calling kettle black... :P 

• Upvote 2

Having completed around 20 flights in the Aerosoft CRJ so far, I'm enjoying it a LOT. I can't wait for the update, but please make sure it is well-tested even if it means waiting a few more weeks.

On that note, is it possible to apply for beta testing to help iron out bugs?

• Upvote 1

On 5/15/2022 at 12:12 PM, molleh said:

Having completed around 20 flights in the Aerosoft CRJ so far, I'm enjoying it a LOT. I can't wait for the update, but please make sure it is well-tested even if it means waiting a few more weeks.

On that note, is it possible to apply for beta testing to help iron out bugs?

I wish we could just opt-in for beta releases. It's not against Microsoft TOS, even if the CRJ is in the marketplace.

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, jstnj said:

I wish we could just opt-in for beta releases. It's not against Microsoft TOS, even if the CRJ is in the marketplace.

We are always looking for serious testers. The problem  however is that 90% of testers are very interested in assisting with the issues they feel strongly about and then stop responding. Testing a product like this is rather serious work. If you bought your copy at the marketplace is of no consequence, we will give you acces to our versions when you are accepted  in our beta teams.

• Upvote 3

Here's a small one I've not seen any talk about - setting a parallel offset, which apparently should be on the FPLN page somewhere. Is that on a to-add list or not going to happen?

I have experience as a tester ( and a dev, but that knowledge is somewhat expired these days ), but unfortunately also have health issues which make me unreliable. If at some point I feel I can be reliable I'll be in contact.

• Aerosoft
40 minutes ago, Richard Dastardly said:

Here's a small one I've not seen any talk about - setting a parallel offset, which apparently should be on the FPLN page somewhere. Is that on a to-add list or not going to happen?

I have experience as a tester ( and a dev, but that knowledge is somewhat expired these days ), but unfortunately also have health issues which make me unreliable. If at some point I feel I can be reliable I'll be in contact.

I will ask.

Please get healthy!

• Upvote 2

On 5/16/2022 at 2:45 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

We are always looking for serious testers. The problem  however is that 90% of testers are very interested in assisting with the issues they feel strongly about and then stop responding. Testing a product like this is rather serious work. If you bought your copy at the marketplace is of no consequence, we will give you acces to our versions when you are accepted  in our beta teams.

How can we apply to be a tester? I am not a real world pilot but have truly enjoyed all variants of the CRJ following real world procedures these past few months. I normally would not ask but something Fenix's CEO said to someone in their discord who was appauled as to why a certain non-real world pilot was a beta tester got me thinking. He said to them, "Are every single one of our customers pilots?". It's fine if the answer is no but I'm happy to at least try and do my part to help move the process along. 

On 5/23/2022 at 2:19 AM, Brand0n said:

How can we apply to be a tester? I am not a real world pilot but have truly enjoyed all variants of the CRJ following real world procedures these past few months. I normally would not ask but something Fenix's CEO said to someone in their discord who was appauled as to why a certain non-real world pilot was a beta tester got me thinking. He said to them, "Are every single one of our customers pilots?". It's fine if the answer is no but I'm happy to at least try and do my part to help move the process along. 

I would be a little disturbed if all testers were pilots, unless some of them were also involved in software. Pilots are naturally good at following procedures & fault-finding, but sometimes testing software needs some intuition ( ahem, educated guesswork ) which needs a little experience.

Plus, as you say, not all customers are real pilots either. End users can do some really unexpected things :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

The complete update has been send to the test team.

If you want to be part of that test team drop me a mail at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com. But we are at this moment fully staffed. But if you can show you got something to offer we do not have.... by all means.

• Thanks 1