Semi-OT: FT Sim Soundpack Issues

jay jay

I installed the FT Sim Soundpack for the CRJ.   Very much improved engine / taxiing sound effects.  However - I seem to no longer get any sounds when actuating switches in the cockpit, also don't get altitude callouts when landing.  Any idea if this is normal or if not, how I can restore those sounds?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Interesting, you install a mod from 3rd party and come here and ask for support? Why not asking the 3rd party?

Anway, if you have no backup, I suggest a reinstall of the CRJ.

15 hours ago, mopperle said:

Interesting, you install a mod from 3rd party and come here and ask for support? Why not asking the 3rd party?

Anway, if you have no backup, I suggest a reinstall of the CRJ.

Thanks for the snide reply Otto.   If it makes you feel any better, I had reached out to them, no response received as yet.   Given that there is plenty of discussion about third party add-ons on this site, I didn't think I was committing any kind of foul.   

Sorry jay jay, but what du you expect?

When i install an Addon and realise an issue after that, then i delete that Addon. When the issue is gone then, i will ban the Addon from my harddrives. Easy as this.

It is not the developers job to clear issues caused by others.

6 hours ago, Ha_Ma said:

It is not the developers job to clear issues caused by others.

If only we had a place where we could interact with other users and not just the developers, some of whom might have seen or solved a similar issue and could offer each other tips, fixes, and advice.  We could even call such a place a "forum."

Oh well.  Maybe one day we'll have a place where users can congregate and help each other out like that.

• Aerosoft

I would be happy to make a forum section where we would only moderate on things like sexism, racism etc.  We made these many times before. but every single time they did not seem very productive. Just say the word and I will make it. Just accept that Aerosoft or Digital Aviation will not follow it or will respond. User to user. 

Not sure why that is needed as I can see dozens of topics like that. But again, if you feel it makes sense, or even if YOU want to moderate it, just let me know.

My sarcasm was that intended to point out posting here does not necessitate the developers responding to every issue, especially in General Discussion where it says "no support please" and that users can, in fact, gather here and provide support.

It's great you guys are responsive and provide support for the forums, but I haven't seen the original poster bumping it repeatedly asking for developer-specific input, he simply asked "has anyone else seen this?" and gotten an awful lot of flak back for... no discernible reason.

6 hours ago, Joe Markowski said:

I haven't seen the original poster bumping it repeatedly asking for developer-specific input, he simply asked "has anyone else seen this?" and gotten an awful lot of flak back for... no discernible reason.

It's pretty much what I expected...  Don't recall asking the Aerosoft team to drop what they are doing and rush to help me.   After all, I know how busy they have been for the last year or so working on all the updates for this sim.  

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I would be happy to make a forum section where we would only moderate on things like sexism, racism etc.  We made these many times before. but every single time they did not seem very productive. Just say the word and I will make it. Just accept that Aerosoft or Digital Aviation will not follow it or will respond. User to user. 

Not sure why that is needed as I can see dozens of topics like that. But again, if you feel it makes sense, or even if YOU want to moderate it, just let me know.

Exellent idea!  Can I be the moderator?  Please!!!!!!!!!!!

So let me try another approach to avoid offending some of our more sensitive moderators and members:   Has anyone else used the FT Sim sound pack for the CRJ and if they did, did the sound pack result in the elimination of audible cockpit noises such as moving switches / knobs, the loss of audible warnings and of altitude call-outs during landing?    Did they encounter and hang-ups / freezes while exiting the sim after flying the CRJ?

If anyone has experiences to share with this mod, I would greatly appreciate their feed back.   I have yet to get a response from the maker(s) of this add-on. 

Archived