FMS DIR INTC adding spurious waypoints?

I've been flying a handful of routes with vectors in them.  I've been leaving the vectors in the route itself and then just using DIR INTC when told to proceed to wherever and continue as filed.  If there's sufficient distance it works great, but anything closer than 10 or 20 miles and I start getting random spikes in the plotted course instead of going right to the waypoint.  The FMS even turned me 180 degrees once because it added in a waypoint behind me before proceeding to the selected one.

Has anyone else seen something like this?

This is one of the worst bugs for me. I've been told it exists even in the P3D version. I hope it gets fixed in the next patch...

As a workaround, you can go direct using the LEGS page instead, dropping the waypoint on the second line. I've never had any issues doing it that way, but I wish I could use the DIR INTC page since that's the one I usually have open.

• Upvote 1

Yes, this is an open bug since release (yay, this bug just had its first birthday recently as well). It also existed before that in the P3D version and got ported along to MSFS. IMO we will not see any update for it soon, no matter how many times it is stated something is being worked on...

1 hour ago, CRJay said:

Yes, this is an open bug since release (yay, this bug just had its first birthday recently as well). It also existed before that in the P3D version and got ported along to MSFS. IMO we will not see any update for it soon, no matter how many times it is stated something is being worked on...

Agreed.  I love flying the CRJ but the lack of support/bug fixes is somewhat frustrating.  I don't understand why this has not been fixed.  All we get is the usual answer of it's being worked on or it's not in our control.  I really do feel as a customer who has purchased the entire CRJ line cheated a bit with the lack of updates.  I always believed Aerosoft to be a good company but they have really dropped the ball with communication on the CRJ.  I agree that we probably won't see a fix on this.  

• Upvote 1

Well at least I'm not doing anything wrong then.

Thanks for the confirmation, guys.  Hopefully we'll see the promised update soon-ish.  Would love to be able to make use of the comm switches on VATSIM and see the other annoyances ironed out.  This is the most time I've spent in it since SU5 broke the speed tape, so despite owning it from launch I'm just really starting to dive deep.

On 3/21/2022 at 10:06 PM, Aplato said:

As a workaround, you can go direct using the LEGS page instead, dropping the waypoint on the second line. I've never had any issues doing it that way, but I wish I could use the DIR INTC page since that's the one I usually have open.

This isnt a "workaround"- this is actually the correct way to go Direct-To fixes. I only use the DIR INTC page as a view-only mode when flying arrivals and need to double check the descent rate to make a fix.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raptor05121 said:

This isnt a "workaround"- this is actually the correct way to go Direct-To fixes.

There is no single right way… Using the DIR INTC page will usually save you a bit of time and button presses when the direct point is far down in the FPLN. Using the LEGS page is also fine, but I disagree that it is THE correct way :) .

The problem is more that the DIR INTC page only functions properly for about 20%, otherwise it would be way more useful in the addon. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, CRJay said:

There is no single right way… Using the DIR INTC page will usually save you a bit of time and button presses when the direct point is far down in the FPLN. Using the LEGS page is also fine, but I disagree that it is THE correct way :) .

The problem is more that the DIR INTC page only functions properly for about 20%, otherwise it would be way more useful in the addon. 

Perhaps I shouldn't have worded it as the only way, but our policy is airborne modifications are only executed on the LEGS page, and from what I understand, thats a standard norm for other operators around us. Using DIR INTC is adding a step for us, and as such the page is broken, its a logical conclusion just to use the legs page as you said :)

• 1 month later...