FS2Crew for the MSFS Aerosoft CRJ (Flight Crew Expansion Pack) released!

A new expansion pack for the CRJ...

Informing Aerosoft MSFS CRJ owners that a new FS2Crew flight crew expansion pack for the Aerosoft MSFS CRJ has been released!

Our expansion pack for the MSFS CRJ allows you to fly in the role of the Captain / Pilot Flying using Voice or Button Control.

The SOPs we modeled come from a US based real-world CRJ operator.

As with all FS2Crew's, the goal is to make your flying more realistic and immersive by allowing users to run real-world Checklists and Flows, among other things, just as if you would if you were flying the aircraft for real.

A CRJ is a two crew plane.... it's not meant to be flown like a Cessna :-)

FS2Crew CRJ Product Page:

https://fs2crew.com/product/fs2crew-aerosoft-crj-edition/

FS2Crew Download Manager:

https://fs2crew.com/downloads/

Please login to display this image.

3 hours ago, jay jay said:

I'd be very interested in hearing some feedback from users of this software.    Sounds intriguing...

Can recommend it (used it for previous sims). Your best bet is to check videos of the FBW version, it's similar but for the CRJ!

It simulates a copilot that follows real procedures, it will react to your voice or buttons and complete its parts of the flow. There are also extra commands for the copilot to update the autopilot for you etc

12 hours ago, jay jay said:

I'd be very interested in hearing some feedback from users of this software.    Sounds intriguing...

I own all the FS2Crew products for MSFS except the FBW stuff and would recommend all of them.  Really great at adding immersion.  RAAS is something you configure once (per plane) and forget, Pushback Express is something you could use every flight (I don't use it for GA, but you could use it to tow if you wanted), and CRJ is great for working checklists and having a helping hand.  Also, you can ask your flight attendants for coffee.  Never again will I forget to set the fuel crossfeed to manual on takeoff because my First Officer has my back :D

I second what @Joe Markowski said above.  The only caveat I have is that this is different.  The interface is different and the airline modeled is different.  If you have been flying the CRJ since it's release on MSFS, you probably have a flow locked in your brain housing group and muscle memory.  You will probably need a couple of flights to get used to the flows modeled and how to interact with the co-pilot.  The speech recognition seems to be far better in this version than any other FS2CREW product I have used in the past (again, ALL of them). 

Now the only negative.  I believe, though I am not sure, that FS2CREW is activating LVARS through the voice command.  I don't see how else the interactions could be done.  I use the HC Alpha and Bravo and I have physical flaps and gear levers as well as AAO scripting that handles the start up and position of the throttles.  When you command, for example,  "GEAR UP", the FO will put the gear up but he cannot move the gear lever on the Bravo.  When he starts the engines, he cannot move the throttles from the cut-off detent and he cannot move the flaps lever.  So you have to become use to seeing these items in different positions than what is being used in the sim.  When I flew a joystick only configuration in P3D, this was of course not an issue and in fact a great help because you did not have to move around the cockpit to start the engines as the FO handles all of that.  So the moral is keep in mind what controls you use and how you use them so you can make changes for use of the FS2Crew system. 

Other than that, I have always considered FS2Crew a must have add on for all my planes that it is available for.

9 hours ago, Crabby said:

When you command, for example,  "GEAR UP", the FO will put the gear up but he cannot move the gear lever on the Bravo.  When he starts the engines, he cannot move the throttles from the cut-off detent and he cannot move the flaps lever.  So you have to become use to seeing these items in different positions than what is being used in the sim.

There's options to disable the FO actually moving the flap and gear levers for just that reason.  Setting takeoff flaps during the pre-taxi flow is still done even if checked, and I brought that to their attention so they're looking into that, but you can turn most of that off.

3 hours ago, Joe Markowski said:

There's options to disable the FO actually moving the flap and gear levers for just that reason.  Setting takeoff flaps during the pre-taxi flow is still done even if checked, and I brought that to their attention so they're looking into that, but you can turn most of that off.

My understanding is that the check for the flaps is for the after-takeoff flow.  Normally the FO, in their simulation, will work the flaps without command.  If the box is checked, he retracts flaps on command from the PF.  I will look at it more closely. 

7 hours ago, Crabby said:

My understanding is that the check for the flaps is for the after-takeoff flow.  Normally the FO, in their simulation, will work the flaps without command.  If the box is checked, he retracts flaps on command from the PF.

Yes, if you have climb sequence enabled in the options, or give the command after takeoff, he will do that.  It's not mandatory.  I've done a handful of startups and takeoffs with it (never made it past approach for various reasons yet) and he's never touched my gear or flaps in the air.

Btw it was updated last night and one of the changes was to fix the FO touching the flaps during the pre-taxi check even when told not to, so I think it should be good now.

3 hours ago, Joe Markowski said:

Yes, if you have climb sequence enabled in the options, or give the command after takeoff, he will do that.  It's not mandatory.  I've done a handful of startups and takeoffs with it (never made it past approach for various reasons yet) and he's never touched my gear or flaps in the air.

Btw it was updated last night and one of the changes was to fix the FO touching the flaps during the pre-taxi check even when told not to, so I think it should be good now.

I wonder if having the HC Alpha and Bravo now, will spoil my need for FS2Crew.  It will be hard to accept giving commands and not seeing my very real gear/flap handles in the correct position.  I am going to experiment with moving them into position post command and see how that feels.  It will not however spoil my love of what their add ons do and my recommendation for folks to get it.

I bought it. Its my first time owning FS2Crew and the learning curve is steep. So far I'm getting used to it but seems to really add to the immersion.

Is there a way to edit the checklist or what they call for?

5 hours ago, Raptor05121 said:

I bought it. Its my first time owning FS2Crew and the learning curve is steep. So far I'm getting used to it but seems to really add to the immersion.

Is there a way to edit the checklist or what they call for?

Negative.  Everything is deep coded.  They have been pretty good about offering more than one SOP.  I think the 737 had 4 or 5 airlines you could operate as, each different in terms of operation and flows.  Maybe more SOPs will come, however they may also be faced with some sim based limitations.  Unsure.  

Well I did my first flight with it last night. I am probably doing something wrong but if I called for flaps, it would recognize it every time, but only actually move them half the time. I sounded like a parrot on final. But it is handy for those AP controls during takeoff. So far I'd say its worth it!

1 hour ago, Raptor05121 said:

Well I did my first flight with it last night. I am probably doing something wrong but if I called for flaps, it would recognize it every time, but only actually move them half the time. I sounded like a parrot on final. But it is handy for those AP controls during takeoff. So far I'd say its worth it!

Do you have a PTT button set up?  I find it helps with this type of situation.  

Archived