Can the CRJ PRO being used without HDR?

Okay. It stands very clear in the system requirements for the CRJ PRO for P3Dv4: "Requires HDR setting activated!"

According to my hardware running P3Dv4.5 and W10-64bit HDR is not an option.

It's been a long time since I flew my CRJ 700/900 X, so I was thinking about an update.

I just wondered... is there a work-around slash does it really need that HDR setting active? Or is it just a bit less beautifull?

Would be nice to know.

Dirk

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, comparing the hardware detailsin your signature with my hardware, which is below yours, I see no reason why you can not use HDR. As always, it is a matter of the combination of all settings in the sim.

If you turn off HDR, it will not only affect the CRJ, but also every other add-on in the sim. You will experience strange visual effects. Search the forum, to see what people complained about when turning off HDR. If you can live with those issues, just give it a try.

@mopperle Thanks for the reply. From what I understand, the HDR is a pure hardware issue. A monitor can handle it or not. When I follow the guidelines by Microsoft within W10-64 there is simple no option to activate HDR. My iiyama ProLite XB3270QS seems not to be able to handle HDR. Unless... there is a way to overcome this. Windows checks the hardware capabilities and apparantly thinks that HDR is not an option. The magic word concerning the CRJ is 'required' and not 'recommanded'. Although it not a large update price from X to the PRO version, it's a waste of money if it really doesn't work or looks awfull.

For those interested on the subject of HDR, there is good information on this link.

It indeed is a matter of capability of the monitor. Given the fact that all other components of the configuration are able to handle the stuff.

I my case the PC and Graphics are very well able, but the monitor is not capable of handling HDR.

Dirk

Archived