Resetting the aircraft

Jonas Bergqvist

First of all I love the aircraft and I really hope it keeps getting updates and support. However I have run into some issues that other people don't have so I want to reset the aircraft to try and fix it. I'm on Steam and bought it through the in game store. The FAQ tells me there should be some files starting with "m" that is supposed to be in "%appdata%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\aerosoft-crj". I assume that means "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\aerosoft-crj" (maybe I'm wrong). That folder has only a folder called "work" and no files. In the work folder there are a few files but nothing with lowercase m. Is there another way to reset or does anyone know where to find the files?

Please login to display this image.

Look under C:\Users\[Your User Folder]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\aerosoft-crj

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Jonas Bergqvist:

However I have run into some issues that other people don't have so I want to reset the aircraft to try and fix it

What issues are you talkung about? And to reset the plane you can just restart the flight.

• Aerosoft
vor 10 Minuten schrieb Ha_Ma:

What issues are you talkung about? And to reset the plane you can just restart the flight.

He's talking about removing the aircraft from the system to reset it. 

What you mean is start a new flight.

• Aerosoft
vor 10 Stunden schrieb Jonas Bergqvist:

First of all I love the aircraft and I really hope it keeps getting updates and support. However I have run into some issues that other people don't have so I want to reset the aircraft to try and fix it. I'm on Steam and bought it through the in game store. The FAQ tells me there should be some files starting with "m" that is supposed to be in "%appdata%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\aerosoft-crj". I assume that means "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\aerosoft-crj" (maybe I'm wrong). That folder has only a folder called "work" and no files. In the work folder there are a few files but nothing with lowercase m. Is there another way to reset or does anyone know where to find the files?

I was recently able to fix a problem with the CRJX by deleting the entire CRJ folder. 
When restarting the simulator, the sim creates a new file.
Maybe it works for you too 

12 hours ago, Aplato said:

Look under C:\Users\[Your User Folder]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\aerosoft-crj

I do not have a folder called "Microsoft.FlightSim....." in there.

7 hours ago, Ha_Ma said:

Some buttons not working (like window heat) and some buttons getting stuck after pushed once (like hydraulics and passenger signs).

6 hours ago, BaxterChico said:

I was recently able to fix a problem with the CRJX by deleting the entire CRJ folder. 
When restarting the simulator, the sim creates a new file.
Maybe it works for you too 

I do not have that folder "Microsoft.FlightSim.....". But I can find similar files in "C:\Users\(user)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SimObjects\Airplanes"
(edit: nvm, was only some small config files)
(edit 2: I found some more here "AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam\aerosoft-crj\SimObjects\Airplanes" but no lowe case m anywhere)

I ended up deleting the plane through msfs. Then I deleted all related files I could find. Currently reinstalling. Let's see what happens.

Update! It did reset the settings and cameras and all. But I can still not use the buttons. Maybe the problem lies outside of the aircraft files.

I feel a bit stupid now. I didn't have a problem to begin with. I just wasn't aware of the new click/scroll controls. Using scroll wheel instead of click worked. I still don't know how to reset the aircraft with my folder structure without deleting everything though.

Archived