Fuel tanks quickly become empty even if I load a lot of fuel

Juan Alejo

Hello there. I would like to explain a situation that has become common for me in the A320. So, it has happened many times that I load like 8000 kg of fuel on the A320, and then on the ECAM it displays that the FOB is 2600 kg, which is very low and very different from what I introduce in the MCDU. Then, about 10 to 15 minutes after takeoff, the low fuel warning appears on the ECAM, and usually 20 minutes past cruise, I run out of fuel. 

Is there anybody who can help me with this? This is very problematic for me...

Thank you.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Juan,

how do you load the fuel into the plane? Just entering the amount in the MCDU is not enough. You should use the FuelPlanner to define the amaount of fuel as well as the payload and then "create" the loadsheet. Those loadsheet values then have to be loaded into the plane via the MCDU3 menu.

Regards,

Rolf

On 3/14/2022 at 4:31 AM, Hanse said:

Juan,

how do you load the fuel into the plane? Just entering the amount in the MCDU is not enough. You should use the FuelPlanner to define the amaount of fuel as well as the payload and then "create" the loadsheet. Those loadsheet values then have to be loaded into the plane via the MCDU3 menu.

Regards,

Rolf

Thanks Rolf. I use the FuelPlanner to get my fuel, but the problem occurs. However, I'll try and load the values via the MCDU3 menu as stated by you. If anything, I will get back to you. Thanks again!

Archived