Aerosoft CRJ Developers...Please answer this question on LNAV Tracking issue (over-correcting, swaying back and forth)

After i did not touch the CRJ for a longer time, i have made several flights in the last days with the 700 and 900. And i did not have the LNAV "waddling" one time in these flights. On some turns the AP overshoots a bit, but then it corrects once back to the path and follows it straight.

The only difference between these and the previous flights was, that i set up the FMS completely manualy instead of FP import from Simbrief. I don't know if this made the change or if something from SU12 made it.

But now i like the CRJ again.

• Like 1

It's certainly not manual input doing it, because I never import routes. I've flown it recently but not since SU12 ( and I can't right now because my motherboard is dying ), it was *mostly* ok provided I remembered the stick profile with the deadzone, and remembered all the things you can't tell it to do. It made a real mess of one STAR, I remember.

On 4/3/2023 at 5:15 PM, Richard Dastardly said:

It made a real mess of one STAR, I remember.

Was this the issue where if you don't Exec after adding a runway or approach to the FMS it will double up on the STAR waypoints?

I believe it's happening when I'm not going fast enough.
I had the VNAV cruise say .74M, and suggest it can fly x altitude at that speed with my loadout; it lied.  When I pushed the throttles 'through the firewall' and got her up to .80M, the waddling stopped.

15 hours ago, Joe Markowski said:

Was this the issue where if you don't Exec after adding a runway or approach to the FMS it will double up on the STAR waypoints?

No, it was the "wandeirng all over the sky instead of attempting to follow the flightplan" problem :P I think it was that approach to Stansted that sends you in a loop to have a look at Duxford, but it might have been a different and a bit more direct one.

7 hours ago, Syrinx said:

I believe it's happening when I'm not going fast enough.
I had the VNAV cruise say .74M, and suggest it can fly x altitude at that speed with my loadout; it lied.  When I pushed the throttles 'through the firewall' and got her up to .80M, the waddling stopped.

I'm always at 0.81 or more if I can ( recently seems the -900 won't go any faster, no more 0.84m cruising! )  - I try not to fly actually on the stop below climb but it's usually pretty near. Still get some LNAV issues.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2023 at 7:28 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

This issue will be solved in the next update.

Happy to hear it will be fixed. The LNAV issue is the only thing that’s keeping me away from flying the CRJ more often. Such a joy to fly. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi, in addition to all the various bugs already listed... does the back course (BC) function work on the autopilot panel? from the manuals of the CRJ it seems implemented...

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Onewez13:

When will the update come? 

"When it's done..." ;)

With a lot of luck the work on the update started right these days, as the ATR has been released now. But i do not know anything about the real progress. Maybe Mr. Hartmann is still in work with Update for the ATR?!

Maybe he will tell us?
But i think an update release in the next 4 or 5 months is not to be expected.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

23rd of may now .. not a word on any update after 2 years of wiggling.

I suppose by now the ATR had its update .... can we finally have the CRJ please ....

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I’m deleting my message because even my 3rd ended up being too harsh. Just fix the product ASAP and please don’t use crappy excuses about what pilots fly manually - it’s insulting to your paying customers and to pilots alike to be used as an excuse for the failings of your product that’s been out for way too long to still have these issues. Thank you

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Tsizzle said:

@Aerosoft Team I’ll try here - can you share any information on the CRJ update?

Hi,

Here is the most recent update from a post here.

On 8/16/2023 at 8:16 PM, Hans Hartmann said:

There is a major update in the works (free, of course). It will involve fixes to the LNAV and VNAV issues and stuff like Simbrief integration. There will be quite a few additional features, but these will not be published at this point.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

So I asked in July ... now its OCTOBER

There have been acknowledged bugs since DAY 1

Can this be fixed for your "customers" after all this time perhaps ? 

I do not care on fancy new features .... but first a solid basis after 2.5 years perhaps ? Stable LNAV perhaps  ? 

Using a lot of perhapses .... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 10/5/2023 at 2:40 AM, DGH said:

So I asked in July ... now its OCTOBER

There have been acknowledged bugs since DAY 1

Can this be fixed for your "customers" after all this time perhaps ? 

I do not care on fancy new features .... but first a solid basis after 2.5 years perhaps ? Stable LNAV perhaps  ? 

Using a lot of perhapses .... 

Expect a curt answer followed by the thread being locked.    Good luck...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2023 at 11:17 AM, jay jay said:

Expect a curt answer followed by the thread being locked.    Good luck...

Don’t forget about a few condescending comments from the resident APU kisser. Not naming any names. Surprised it hasn't happened yet….🤣 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I shelved the CRJ ages ago and haven't returned to it. Still feel like I was ripped off. And, I gave up hoping a long time ago that it would ever get fixed. Haven't purchased anything from Aerosof since and likely never will again. 

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, acbent123 said:

Can you give a timeline now; 5 months later? 

At this rate, i would be pleasantly surprised if the CRJ becomes part of the base 2024 offering.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...