Aerosoft CRJ Developers...Please answer this question on LNAV Tracking issue (over-correcting, swaying back and forth)

1 hour ago, acbent123 said:

White noise....Kindly refrain from posting in this thread, if you're disinterested in its intended purpose. 

Tissue?    I mean this was the intended purpose of this thread....  

On 3/11/2022 at 6:30 AM, acbent123 said:

I'm just looking for some kind of statement from the developer, so I can decide if I will continue flying this aircraft.

You came on and complained about a known issue that some experience, with all the talk of this claimed you could not find anything or some type of statement,  and dropped a keyboard child warrior threat. There is an issue, it has been acknowledged, AS has made MANY comments that is being worked on. Frankly I don't think anyone really cares what aircraft you decide to fly or not fly.  Get out of the cereal aisle.

• Upvote 1

On 3/15/2022 at 11:05 PM, Crabby said:

Tissue?    I mean this was the intended purpose of this thread....  

You came on and complained about a known issue that some experience, with all the talk of this claimed you could not find anything or some type of statement,  and dropped a keyboard child warrior threat. There is an issue, it has been acknowledged, AS has made MANY comments that is being worked on. Frankly I don't think anyone really cares what aircraft you decide to fly or not fly.  Get out of the cereal aisle.

Your words mean zero to me, Crabby. You clearly have an issue and, as mentioned, your pseudo-psychology is both laughable and, again, offers nothing to the thread. As such, you have left me with little choice other than to report your 'contributions' to the moderators, so they can assess the appropriateness of said contributions. I haven't memorized the forum rules, but I expect that you've violated a handful of them. Judging by the number of contributions to the thread, others are interested in the content as well. Mathijs responded and I appreciate that. Nobody needs your insults cluttering up the thread. So, stop slinging them and get on with your life. Pretty please. And finally, as a paying customer, I have the right to request info and any forthcoming updates/support issues. I have supported Aerosoft, and purchased numerous addons - most recently the CRJ, obviously, the Twin Otter, Simple Traffic and many, many more addons they have offered over the past decades. So, butt out and mind your own business - it really isn't your business. 

• Upvote 8

Agreed, please stop attacking each other; I want the devs to actually respond to this constructively and for a firm resolution to be reached on the product's level, not for this thread to turn into another shit-flinging contest that gets padlocked and the discussion gets disregarded and thrown away for god-knows-how-long before another thread gets opened up again.

I'm not sure why some people report this issue and others don't. I personally have never seen the back-and-forth threading of the route except in most exceptional circumstances (e.g., waypoints too closely located), so clearly it varies from user to user (which may explain how this got past Aerosoft's QA into the retail version). I have friends who have adamantly complained and shown it to be 100% repeatable.

Possible causes may be:

• Airspeed: I fly at Mach 0.78, maybe the PID is tuned well for that, and not for lower airspeeds?
  • Leg type: This is less likely, but maybe the flight direction doesn't know how to track certain leg types (e.g., DF, CF, etc.). Not sure how the nav data is coded, but maybe the wrong leg type is put in accidentally in the route in some use cases? Perhaps the FMS/FMS/MCDU/whateveritscalled experiences a bug in a very specific use case that causes every leg to be a TF (Track-To-Fix) with a value of 000 degrees, I have no idea I'm not a software developer.
  • Groundspeed: I notice in one of the videos posted that the user had a quartering-left tailwind of approx. 125 knots. That's a pretty high value, which makes me wonder if the autopilot script Aerosoft is using can even accommodate that strength of wind.

Overall, this doesn't seem to be an isolated case. If I could have a vote, I would vote that Aerosoft work with at least one affected customer who can reproduce it and try to debug the issue with them.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Please be civil or this gets closed.

Maybe it is time to take some action against the one user always stirring things up... You know, the one that you are on a first name basis with. People have been banned for less here, but it seems like someone is keeping a hand over his head.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 11

9 hours ago, CRJay said:

Maybe it is time to take some action against the one user always stirring things up... You know, the one that you are on a first name basis with. People have been banned for less here, but it seems like someone is keeping a hand over his head.

Agreed.  I came here for help with the CRJ, not a class in psychology.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And back on topic. Please.

A lot of people are, I'm sure, very interested in what you will be announcing, when the time comes. I will be posting stuff only related to the thread moving forward. Thanks. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
6 minutes ago, jstnj said:

I'd love to stay on topic, but Crabby is a cancer to this forum and a distraction to productive discussion.

So simply ignore/ dont answer users you do not like:

Please login to display this image.

And this ends this discussion ;)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

My flight today was riddled with LNAV issues. The plane either undershot or overshot most of the waypoints and rocked back and forth to the point where I had to diesngage LNAV and go on heading mode and manually get my plane back on track. Can we expect an announcement soon about when we might see a fix? Thanks. 

• Aerosoft
vor 24 Minuten schrieb acbent123:

My flight today was riddled with LNAV issues. The plane either undershot or overshot most of the waypoints and rocked back and forth to the point where I had to diesngage LNAV and go on heading mode and manually get my plane back on track. Can we expect an announcement soon about when we might see a fix? Thanks. 

If you are using the SU9 beta (1.25.5.0) we would advise you to go back to the current stable MSFS build. With the beta there is a newly introduced LNAV issue that already got acknowledged by Asobo and needs to fixed on their side.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, BenBaron said:

If you are using the SU9 beta (1.25.5.0) we would advise you to go back to the current stable MSFS build. With the beta there is a newly introduced LNAV issue that already got acknowledged by Asobo and needs to fixed on their side.

I have not done any updates, other than what MS/ASOBO automatically does when FS starts. I didn't even know that there are beta versions that people can install. Also, how does a person revert back to a previous version? Thanks! Mathjis mentioned that there would be an announcement and I am just wondering when he - or someone from the team - will let us know. 

vor 18 Stunden schrieb acbent123:

Also, how does a person revert back to a previous version?

As i know this is not possible. For the Sim has several online functions it is mandatory that all players have the same version. And this is always the actual one.

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
Am 8.4.2022 um 13:09 schrieb Ha_Ma:

As i know this is not possible. For the Sim has several online functions it is mandatory that all players have the same version. And this is always the actual one.

Not with the offical versions: but if you choose to enter a SU beta, which is currently running for SU9, you can always go back to the offical SU, this being SU8 right now.

• Like 2

On 4/6/2022 at 8:40 PM, acbent123 said:

As something of a workaround, can I suggest trying a 5% deadzone in your aileron axis? as detailed in this thread:

it did make *some* difference.

• Upvote 1

On 4/9/2022 at 4:39 PM, Richard Dastardly said:

As something of a workaround, can I suggest trying a 5% deadzone in your aileron axis? as detailed in this thread:

it did make *some* difference.

Haha, that was my thread. It seemed to make a difference for me too, but since putting the dead zone in, I still get some deviations. 

10 hours ago, acbent123 said:

Haha, that was my thread. It seemed to make a difference for me too, but since putting the dead zone in, I still get some deviations. 

Oh, haha, so it was :D worth publicising for others still I guess. I haven't flown the CRJ much recently but I get roughly the same results every time, especially approaches.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 8:35 AM, Richard Dastardly said:

Oh, haha, so it was :D worth publicising for others still I guess. I haven't flown the CRJ much recently but I get roughly the same results every time, especially approaches.

Absolutely!

Guys here is what AS has already said, numerous times and this could be why you are not hearing anything else, there is nothing else. 

1. They have not been able to replicate the issue.  

2. Not everyone is seeing this.  Yes, many are, however, not everyone and it seems like not a majority.  I just finished a flight in heavy cruise winds without seeing it.  For the record I have never seen it.

3. If they cannot replicate it, it makes it hard to "fix", but they have, by their own words not given up the search.

4. Make sure before you get bent out of shape that I never said you are not having an issue, but in the same way remember that others are not having an issue.

Computers and code are a weird combination.  This whole issue could come down to:

1. an error in code that only manifests itself on certain local system combinations 

2. an error in local systems that many folks have without knowing they have it

3. some common third-party mod that causes this

What we know it is not is a general the code is messed up issue, otherwise EVERYONE would be reporting it ALL the time.  My understanding is that even when it is seen, most people report NOT having the issue every time.  

Issues like this are difficult and they are like catching Bigfoot.  First you have to find Bigfoot before you can engineer a trap to catch him.

*This post in no way reflects the views of AS or any of its employees.  If you take offense to anything in this post, that is your fault, and you should re-examine your ability to function in the real world.  If you downvote this post anonymously, remember that anonymous downvotes are for sissies.  If you don't like my Bigfoot analogy, then save up some money and buy a sense of humor.  Finally, just because you are pissed off at the world, do not assume anyone or everyone else is. *

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Herman locked this topic
  • Herman unlocked this topic