Jump to content

Aerosoft CRJ Developers...Please answer this question on LNAV Tracking issue (over-correcting, swaying back and forth)


Recommended Posts

I have read numerous posts about this behaviour as far back as the release date of the aircraft. Some of these posts suggest that the issue is worse with a closer to north heading and may be affected by winds aloft/crosswinds etc. Many threads mention that the issue is 'being worked on'. The plane will bank back and forth as it struggles to get on track. It doesn't seem to acquire the first waypoint and may fly parallel to the planned flight path. When acquiring the second waypoint, it may start the turn too early, or it may overshoot resulting in bank oscillations that are extreme and long-lasting until it finally gets back on track. 

 

Is there a fix in the works, or is this issue unfixable? Is it related to the CRJ itself, or MSFS? I could not find any statements by the developers with regard to this issue. I'm just looking for some kind of statement from the developer, so I can decide if I will continue flying this aircraft.

 

As I have said in all my posts, I love this plane, but this tracking behaviour is seriously detracting from the experience to the point that I am regularly opting to fly other aircraft and leaving the CRJ in the hanger. 

 

Thanks in advance.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, mhron said:

Because of Aerosoft's attitude "release and forget unless too many people complain" I gave up the idea that this will ever get fixed.

Yes, I am really surprised though that no one from the development team has at least responded, if only to say that they don't know how to fix the problem. Clearly, they are reading the forums. Whether or not a fix is possible, it's not the correct approach to leave customers/supporters hanging. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My opinion is that the CRJ has been abandoned and its just on life support. They will only fix issues that prevent the plane from being used but that's it. Don't expect mayor improvements to the product or extensive bug fixes. I think they already moved on. I see the same signs already with the twin otter.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. Why would anyone let a list of something determine if they stop flying an aircraft?  Childish and absurd threat plus borderline dumb.

2. I hope you don't give up so easily over real life as you do fake life.

3. Just because no one answers does not mean it has not been identified or that it cannot or they don't know how to fix it.  If you are feeling you are being left hanging,  this is borderline schizophrenia ("they" are out to get me!).   I have checked with a number of industries that I am involved in personally and professionally.  Not a single one of them is producing a list of things that will get fixed on next update.  Now, some in this industry have caved and do that.  That means they have to have someone work, probably close to full time, to produce the list, check the list, check with development to see what is fixed or at what stage, then publish list to the clients only to have the clients come up with a new list based on the list and new complaints based on things like list order and grammar.  In other words, neither you nor anyone else who does this type of complaining would be satisfied with a list. 

4 If you feel the CRJ has been abandoned, I would suggest you uninstall MSFS and take up Minecraft.

 

There, that is four fairly ridiculous answers to one great big ridiculous thread. 

  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am experiencing the same issue.  I have read that maybe it was because of the Simbrief input of the flightplan but that was not the cause.  It would be nice if the developer fixed this major problem, since it appears it has been going on for a long time and the answer was typically, " it doesnt happen on our end".  I see the developer said "soon", but I have noticed that to be a very common answer in the flightsim community.  The producers of freeware and mods seem to be more consistent with bug fixes in a more timely manner than most payware developers.  Thats odd to me.   It would be a shame if this issue is not addressed since I do enjoy flying this airplane, as many others do.  

 

I also tried to remove all my mods and other addons from the community folder as suggested and the problem is still there.  Maybe someone can replicate my flight and see if they have the same problem.

 

KIFP - KPHX

route : EED.DRK.COYOT5

 

Issue occurred when over EED VOR turning east to DRK VOR.  S-turns left and right several times until it finally stayed on the flightpath.  

 

Have a good day

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jaydee3609 said:

I am experiencing the same issue.  I have read that maybe it was because of the Simbrief input of the flightplan but that was not the cause.  It would be nice if the developer fixed this major problem, since it appears it has been going on for a long time and the answer was typically, " it doesnt happen on our end".  I see the developer said "soon", but I have noticed that to be a very common answer in the flightsim community.  The producers of freeware and mods seem to be more consistent with bug fixes in a more timely manner than most payware developers.  Thats odd to me.   It would be a shame if this issue is not addressed since I do enjoy flying this airplane, as many others do.  

 

I also tried to remove all my mods and other addons from the community folder as suggested and the problem is still there.  Maybe someone can replicate my flight and see if they have the same problem.

 

KIFP - KPHX

route : EED.DRK.COYOT5

 

Issue occurred when over EED VOR turning east to DRK VOR.  S-turns left and right several times until it finally stayed on the flightpath.  

 

Have a good day

Hi Jaydee.  Did you try setting a null zone on your controller roll axis? That has smoothed mine out considerably. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Crabby said:

1. Why would anyone let a list of something determine if they stop flying an aircraft?  Childish and absurd threat plus borderline dumb.

2. I hope you don't give up so easily over real life as you do fake life.

3. Just because no one answers does not mean it has not been identified or that it cannot or they don't know how to fix it.  If you are feeling you are being left hanging,  this is borderline schizophrenia ("they" are out to get me!).   I have checked with a number of industries that I am involved in personally and professionally.  Not a single one of them is producing a list of things that will get fixed on next update.  Now, some in this industry have caved and do that.  That means they have to have someone work, probably close to full time, to produce the list, check the list, check with development to see what is fixed or at what stage, then publish list to the clients only to have the clients come up with a new list based on the list and new complaints based on things like list order and grammar.  In other words, neither you nor anyone else who does this type of complaining would be satisfied with a list. 

4 If you feel the CRJ has been abandoned, I would suggest you uninstall MSFS and take up Minecraft.

 

There, that is four fairly ridiculous answers to one great big ridiculous thread. 

Are these really your thoughts on the subject, Crabby?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Crabby said:

Not a single one of them is producing a list of things that will get fixed on next update

 

5 hours ago, Crabby said:

That means they have to have someone work, probably close to full time, to produce the list, check the list, check with development to see what is fixed or at what stage

I don't know what kind of industries you are involved in, but from what you write it's quite obvious neither you or those industries are working with software development on any kind of serious level.

 

Having a "list of issues" that should be solved in the next release is very common and in fact even got a name, Scrum. And there are softwares you can install on a server that can manage that list for you! Isn't that awesome? 😀 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/14/2022 at 10:46 AM, Crabby said:

1. Why would anyone let a list of something determine if they stop flying an aircraft?  Childish and absurd threat plus borderline dumb.

2. I hope you don't give up so easily over real life as you do fake life.

3. Just because no one answers does not mean it has not been identified or that it cannot or they don't know how to fix it.  If you are feeling you are being left hanging,  this is borderline schizophrenia ("they" are out to get me!).   I have checked with a number of industries that I am involved in personally and professionally.  Not a single one of them is producing a list of things that will get fixed on next update.  Now, some in this industry have caved and do that.  That means they have to have someone work, probably close to full time, to produce the list, check the list, check with development to see what is fixed or at what stage, then publish list to the clients only to have the clients come up with a new list based on the list and new complaints based on things like list order and grammar.  In other words, neither you nor anyone else who does this type of complaining would be satisfied with a list. 

4 If you feel the CRJ has been abandoned, I would suggest you uninstall MSFS and take up Minecraft.

 

There, that is four fairly ridiculous answers to one great big ridiculous thread. 

Why are you so angry?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Am 14.3.2022 um 13:55 schrieb Cyberstudio:

My opinion is that the CRJ has been abandoned and its just on life support. They will only fix issues that prevent the plane from being used but that's it. Don't expect mayor improvements to the product or extensive bug fixes. I think they already moved on. I see the same signs already with the twin otter.

 

 

I can confirm that Aerosoft is working on the Twin Otter and improving it. I already have an improved version and it is getting better and better. 
When the update will come, I can not say. But the team is striving to make it even more attractive for us users.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BaxterChico said:

 

I can confirm that Aerosoft is working on the Twin Otter and improving it. I already have an improved version and it is getting better and better. 
When the update will come, I can not say. But the team is striving to make it even more attractive for us users.

Great, but this thread was addressing the LNAV issue in the CRJ.  Is the team striving to fix this issue that has been broken for quite some time?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, acbent123 said:

Are these really your thoughts on the subject, Crabby?

Yep.  You question leads one to assume that your thoughts are somehow controlled by others and therefore you seek confirmation.  It is possible that being self-reliant makes my like different from others.  

  • Downvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jaydee3609 said:

Why are you so angry?  

Hmm.  I re-read my post.  Anger had nothing to do with it.  I rarely ever feel anger.  I am often have found though, that since folks have a problem rationalizing a differing opinion, the resort to emotional finger pointing.  It make them feel good, if not right.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, zenit_swe said:

HI don't know what kind of industries you are involved in, but from what you write it's quite obvious neither you or those industries are working with software development on any kind of serious level.

 

Having a "list of issues" that should be solved in the next release is very common and in fact even got a name, Scrum. And there are softwares you can install on a server that can manage that list for you! Isn't that awesome? 😀 

Hmm. Let's see.

Terrestrial licensed microwave back-haul, SCADA, ESD, F&G.  Design, manufacture, install.  So, software, oh God yes.  Believe me, I wish there was a hardware only solution to what I do.  The closest I come to that is communication site civil contracting.  However, there is software involved in that too.  If you live in North America and you look at a communication tower site, chances are you will see stuff I did over the last 25 years there.  Some of it actually 25 years old, though we are trying our best to get clients to upgrade that stuff.  You assume a bit much.  Never good to assume. 

 

SCRUM cracks me up.  It's like every new "sales tactic".  It is a regurgitation of principles long held true along with added bunny foo foo crap like "openness" and "respect" so no one gets there feelings hurt.  I run an open shop.  If I screw up, ANYONE can let me know and let me know like a man or woman without fear of retribution or seeing me cry.  I just finished getting my ass chewed by someone in our shipping department.  Result, mia culpa, fixed the screw up I caused and back to making clients happy and making money.  When others screw up, I do the same.  We don't get paid for feelings, just results. 

 

Also, I never said that no-one has a list of issues to be fixed in the next release.  I said they are not being PRODUCED as in put together and published for public consumption.  As in, "please produce your receipt".   We have a list a mile long of things to be fixed, added, subtracted, changed etc on our next release.  We do not make it public and our very mature and educated clients are too busy doing what they do to run around demanding production of such a list.  They prefer us to work on the actual important matters of improvement.  Of course I have an advantage in that the "simulator" I make stuff for unchanging (physics) or operationally non-factors (government regulation, they only dumb down our operation to a subset of what is physically possible).  Sim developers in MSFS are developing in an ever changing environment right now.

  • Like 2
  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Crabby said:

Hmm.  I re-read my post.  Anger had nothing to do with it.  I rarely ever feel anger.  I am often have found though, that since folks have a problem rationalizing a differing opinion, the resort to emotional finger pointing.  It make them feel good, if not right.

It did seem like you were kind of upset.  Saying things were absurd or dumb what people say or think might indicate you're the one having a problem rationalizing a difference of opinion.  This is a flight sim forum, not a psychoanalytic forum, but maybe I'm dumb or absurd and can't tell the difference.  Have a good day

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jaydee3609 said:

It did seem like you were kind of upset.  Saying things were absurd or dumb what people say or think might indicate you're the one having a problem rationalizing a difference of opinion.  This is a flight sim forum, not a psychoanalytic forum, but maybe I'm dumb or absurd and can't tell the difference.  Have a good day

Just because someone says something or feels something does not mean it is not also at least ignorant and sometimes downright stupid.  You will find I do not coddle to people's feelings. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, jaydee3609 said:

I am assuming dead zone?  Ya, I did.  How much did you set on your end to get a result?

Yes, I meant dead zone. I added 10% to both roll and pitch axes. It improved things a lot, but I did have some undershooting on the first waypoint of the STAR today into JFK. It went back and forth a couple of times to get on course. I don't think it's a real fix for the issue, but it does seem to lessen the effect, at least in my experience. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Crabby said:

Yep.  You question leads one to assume that your thoughts are somehow controlled by others and therefore you seek confirmation.  It is possible that being self-reliant makes my like different from others.  

White noise....Kindly refrain from posting in this thread, if you're disinterested in its intended purpose. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Herman locked this topic
  • Herman unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy & Terms of Use