Honeycomb Bravo - 2 issues

1) Just downloaded the 2.2 update, but it's still showing 2.1 in the "About" section, and the Aerosoft Updater says that 2.1.0 is current as well?

2) Is there a reason none of the G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY(x) variables aren't available or assignable through the configurator?  I have several addons (FlySimWare is the biggest) that use these for various functions, and I'd like to map them to those without needing to use L:VAR or other programming.

Hi,

If you update the Configurator, please consider adding LED to the Mapping Summary...

Please login to display this image.

Gérard

• Aerosoft

Hi CapFlyer,

Just for the sake of certainity : 
- What simulator are you using ?
- What exact link did you download the Configurator from ?

Thank you.

P3D V5.2 HF2

If you make an update, please consider adding checks that both key and name at least are specified for Custom Vars entry

It is easy to miss one when repeating conditions or variables and the error is very difficult to trap...

Currently, in this case, you only get in the .json file     "Variable": "" or  "Variable": "L:" ...

It would also be great to get the default profiles with the "new rules". I discover that now the "string" type is no more specified AND the VariableIsCustom is "true" when created with the Configurator.

In the included Default, they are specified as

"Condition": "INT:FCU_SELECTOR, string",
              "ConditionValue": "ALT",
              "ConditionIsCustom": false

and

"Variable": "INT:FCU_SELECTOR, string",
              "Value": "IAS",
              "VariableIsCustom": false,

Both seam to work, but this creates some doubts...

Thanks

Gérard

• Aerosoft

Thanks Gérard for your input...I am going to note your suggestions...but honestly I am not 100% sure I am getting what you mean by that part:

Am 7.3.2022 um 23:13 schrieb gaab:

It would also be great to get the default profiles with the "new rules". I discover that now the "string" type is no more specified AND the VariableIsCustom is "true" when created with the Configurator.

In the included Default, they are specified as

"Condition": "INT:FCU_SELECTOR, string",
              "ConditionValue": "ALT",
              "ConditionIsCustom": false

and

"Variable": "INT:FCU_SELECTOR, string",
              "Value": "IAS",
              "VariableIsCustom": false,

Both seam to work, but this creates some doubts...

Maybe you can elaborate a bit more?

And the wrong version in the "About" dialog is also confirmed as a small bug.

Hi Ben,

I am recreating some part of the "default" profiles with the v2.2 Configurator to see how the corresponding .json file is looking.

I noticed that now the "var type" of the INT:vars is no more included and the xxxIsCustom has changed from "false" to "true". I was wondering if there are other changes we should take into account.

So, I think it would be important to get these profiles updated for the new Configurator, as they should be the starting base when creating new profiles.

Is it more clear ?

"Communication is a difficult art" ;)

Gérard

I have a number of issues with 2.10: cannot import profiles; also if I create new profile with copy from default it does not inherit conditional events! Making it fairly useless.

EDIT: I have just downloaded 2.2 again from a link via the configurator software and there are no Mac executable files!

• Aerosoft
Am 12.3.2022 um 10:28 schrieb Fatherofsam:

I have a number of issues with 2.10: cannot import profiles; also if I create new profile with copy from default it does not inherit conditional events! Making it fairly useless.

EDIT: I have just downloaded 2.2 again from a link via the configurator software and there are no Mac executable files!

Hi,

please provide specific examples of which profile you are unable to import, or with which profile conditional events are not copied over.

There are no Mac files, as 2.2 is not yet available for the Mac environment.

• Aerosoft
Am 12.3.2022 um 00:13 schrieb gaab:

Hi Ben,

I am recreating some part of the "default" profiles with the v2.2 Configurator to see how the corresponding .json file is looking.

I noticed that now the "var type" of the INT:vars is no more included and the xxxIsCustom has changed from "false" to "true". I was wondering if there are other changes we should take into account.

So, I think it would be important to get these profiles updated for the new Configurator, as they should be the starting base when creating new profiles.

Is it more clear ?

"Communication is a difficult art" ;)

Gérard

Hi Gérard,

"Communication is a difficult art" ;) ... vraiment :).

Technically, the var type of the INTERNAL variables also does not necessarily be included anymore in the name as the bridge module is trying to infer that from the provided value...which "should" work fine in most cases. If you find a case where it does not, let me know and I will look into it. The xxxIsCustom = "true" change of the Configurator has no effect on the functionality of the profile in sim, but only as to how it is displayed in the ui. If you see any specific problem there...also just let me know.

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
Am 12.3.2022 um 10:28 schrieb Fatherofsam:

The 2.1 configurator was released over a year ago. When will a working Mac configurator be released the Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo if ever?

• Aerosoft
Am 10.4.2022 um 14:03 schrieb Dornier728:

The 2.1 configurator was released over a year ago. When will a working Mac configurator be released the Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo if ever?

Hi,

all I can say for now is that as soon as the Aerosoft Brussels release for MSFS with the associated vdgs module went out the door (hopefully smoothly), I am planning to move on to the Mac version, next. Should be this month. And as soon as I see where we stand with that, I will give another update.

• Thanks 1

Hi Ben,

On 3/18/2022 at 2:02 PM, BenBaron said:

Technically, the var type of the INTERNAL variables also does not necessarily be included anymore in the name as the bridge module is trying to infer that from the provided value...which "should" work fine in most cases. If you find a case where it does not, let me know and I will look into it.

I recently used a profile I had updated to erase the " string" specifier on the INT:FCU_SELECTOR vars. The increase/decrease (button 12 and 13) was no more working.

Just "re-introduicing" the "string" for the INT:FCU_SELECTOR only solved the issue.

I confirm that not specifying any unit description for "INT" vars when the value is numeric works correctly.

Regards - Gérard

• Aerosoft
vor 14 Minuten schrieb gaab:

Hi Ben,

I recently used a profile I had updated to erase the " string" specifier on the INT:FCU_SELECTOR vars. The increase/decrease (button 12 and 13) was no more working.

Just "re-introduicing" the "string" for the INT:FCU_SELECTOR only solved the issue.

I confirm that not specifying any unit description for "INT" vars when the value is numeric works correctly.

Regards - Gérard

Thanks Gérard,

will put that onto my list.

Joyeuses pâques.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 4/13/2022 at 1:24 PM, BenBaron said:

Hi,

all I can say for now is that as soon as the Aerosoft Brussels release for MSFS with the associated vdgs module went out the door (hopefully smoothly), I am planning to move on to the Mac version, next. Should be this month. And as soon as I see where we stand with that, I will give another update.

Has this update for Mac been released yet please? Honeycomb site download says version 2.0.0.1 my software(configuator) says 2.1   ?????

Using Mac Big Sur, Xplane11

On 3/18/2022 at 12:42 PM, BenBaron said:

Hi,

please provide specific examples of which profile you are unable to import, or with which profile conditional events are not copied over.

There are no Mac files, as 2.2 is not yet available for the Mac environment.

None of the profiles when downloaded are available in the configuirator. They are greyed out

None of the autopilot conditional settings the are set in the default Bravo Profile are inherited when creating a new profile based on the default profile.

Attached a screenshot of select file dialogue. .jsons greyed out. Also screenshot of file priviledges.

The other problem I have is that if I create a new profile copying from default then  the conditions do not get inherited. See screenshots. I can use local load function for downloaded files, however these two issues mean that the configurator is effectivly useless to me.

2019 iMac, Big Sur, Steam, Xplane11.55

• Aerosoft
Am 28.7.2022 um 14:01 schrieb Fatherofsam:

Attached a screenshot of select file dialogue. .jsons greyed out. Also screenshot of file priviledges.

The other problem I have is that if I create a new profile copying from default then  the conditions do not get inherited. See screenshots. I can use local load function for downloaded files, however these two issues mean that the configurator is effectivly useless to me.

2019 iMac, Big Sur, Steam, Xplane11.55

Hi,

regarding the first issue of the greyed out profiles: this is a known issue with the 2.1 version of the Honeycomb package for Mac and is not a bug in the software itself, but in the underlying framework. Once 2.2 comes out employing a newer version of that, this will work correctly.

For the second one: I don't have access to a Mac right now, but if I remember correctly, the term "Default Profile" in 2.1 could be misleading, as it actually means "Empty Profile". Which would also explain, why nothing is copied over to your "Arrow" profile. Thats why we changed the naming in 2.2. So, could you check, if you have the option to select "Default_Trottle" by expanding "Copy From" and choose that instead?

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, BenBaron said:

Hi,

regarding the first issue of the greyed out profiles: this is a known issue with the 2.1 version of the Honeycomb package for Mac and is not a bug in the software itself, but in the underlying framework. Once 2.2 comes out employing a newer version of that, this will work correctly.

For the second one: I don't have access to a Mac right now, but if I remember correctly, the term "Default Profile" in 2.1 could be misleading, as it actually means "Empty Profile". Which would also explain, why nothing is copied over to your "Arrow" profile. Thats why we changed the naming in 2.2. So, could you check, if you have the option to select "Default_Trottle" by expanding "Copy From" and choose that instead?

1. When are we likely to see a 2.2 version for Mac?

2. The default profile is not empty it has conditional statements in it as shown in my screenshot.