Propeller Performance?

ippei

Hi,

I recognize that Twotter v1.0.4 is...

• Get 5~10kt slower cruise speed with same power setting
    (such as 75%Np 45psi torque, 300lbs/h, around 8000ft)
    from v1.0.3 or performance table of the manual.
  • Higher RPM makes fuel consumption lower (or airspeed higher with same fuel consumption)
  • Sudden forward acceleration when I end the reverse thrust.

Are these intended or will be adjusted?

thanks

I noticed something as well and I wonder if it could be fixed. After a flight and I park the aircraft, with v1.0.3, I feathered the props with the engines still running and could actually see the blades become visible and turning. That was superb and really brought up the immersion level for me. With 1.0.4, that animation is gone and I WANT IT BACK!! Lol... Just saying... 😁

Am 5.3.2022 um 03:45 schrieb ippei:

Sudden forward acceleration when I end the reverse thrust

I can agree this point.

And on top: The Twotter starts rolling even when Thrust Levers are in Idle.

So it seems as if the Machine ist overpowered in Idle condition now.

I decided to use v1.0.3 propeller model until next update.

(just rolling back ENGINES.CFG)

So new propeller model is just introduced now, I hope it to be improved.

• Developer

The new prop model has just been available for a few weeks beta testing. Not documented until until SDK was published a few days ago. So there seem to be side effects I need to understand and aiming to improve...

... and working on it!

The otter should roll on its own on the tarmac without any added thrust this seems correct. What i see is the problem now is the cruise setting. 45 psi torque and 76% prop  should get you at 145knots ias at 8000feet now and fuel burn within 310/h with marginal winds of 10knot. This is flying in the humid tropics around the equator and it rarely ever puts the engine into entering hot orange temperature band. Overall cruising seems slower now by 10knot average and if want to get back my old speed i end up heating it up or burning up more fuel than what was describe with the manual i had.

• Developer

I can only say that I see marginal differences between my reference flights and the public data in our manuals shipped with the product. 

if you use other manuals, you may find differences. 

On 3/7/2022 at 4:12 PM, metzgergva said:

The new prop model has just been available for a few weeks beta testing. Not documented until until SDK was published a few days ago. So there seem to be side effects I need to understand and aiming to improve...

... and working on it!

So sir, 

With regards to my question above, would it be possible to have the animation back of the visible spinning prop blades when the engine is feathered prior to shutdown? We had that with 1.0.3 and it greatly enhanced the immersion experience for me as it was representative of real world characteristics. I would absolutely love to see it back. Cheers. 

Hi,

The cruise performance is improved in V1.0.5! Thanks!

For invisible off/on spoilers (below 12deg BETA), I have a bit difficulty to keep approach path...

• Aerosoft
On 3/19/2022 at 3:06 PM, ippei said:

I have a bit difficulty to keep approach path...

But this is not a modern system, this is 25 year old technologie. Every Twin Otter pilot will tell you they mostly fly these procedures manually.

On 3/11/2022 at 12:51 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

We have some new files being tested that probably affect that.

Please login to view this video.

I did some tweaking and figured out how to unfeather and feather my props and get my immersion back. I'm happy again, now! Loving this plane! 

9 hours ago, Aeromaestro said:

I did some tweaking and figured out how to unfeather and feather my props and get my immersion back. I'm happy again, now! Loving this plane! 

Could you tell us what you tweaked please?

On 3/24/2022 at 12:13 PM, taw1962 said:

what you tweaked

You need to set up your prop axis to go into the negative. Full feather is -25. Alternatively map a button/key to “Decrease prop” and hold it (make sure your axis doesn’t hold/reset the value at zero).

Archived