We will get new recording very soon...

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Transair27:

honestly, not concerned with the time to fix, as long as the commitment to fix is evident.  Seems that way.

Yeah, now we have to wait indefinite time for what was promised for launch

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 5/30/2022 at 6:04 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

there are simply very few in Europe

Happy to hear you are still working on this. I suppose you already know about Zimex Aviation in CH,

Nordic Seaplanes in Copenhagen and the Twotters operating out of Scilly and Barra.

Another option could be Dubai Skydive (it might be as cheap to get to Dubai as somewhere in Europe) that operates two -300 Twin Otters. Perhaps a skydive corporation doesn’t use the plane as much as a an airline. And it could provide opportunities for external recordings in flight ;) 

https://www.skydivedubai.ae/en

• Like 3

• Aerosoft
On 6/1/2022 at 5:47 PM, UnsealedKarma said:

Happy to hear you are still working on this. I suppose you already know about Zimex Aviation in CH,

Nordic Seaplanes in Copenhagen and the Twotters operating out of Scilly and Barra.

Another option could be Dubai Skydive (it might be as cheap to get to Dubai as somewhere in Europe) that operates two -300 Twin Otters. Perhaps a skydive corporation doesn’t use the plane as much as a an airline. And it could provide opportunities for external recordings in flight ;) 

https://www.skydivedubai.ae/en

And we have spoken to all of these already. 

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Made an user here just to say, in the mean while, bring back for sound in the original version.  I thought it was pretty good. All of it. Even det sound level too.  The sound now is a mess. Sound syntetic, volume goes first up and then realy low... like the engies are 100ft away from the cockpit. Its very bad. First verson was very good.   I have been waiting for this for MONTH...  please use first version sound again until fix.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2022 at 6:57 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

And we have spoken to all of these already. 

And?

How come a guy on the internet that is not in your dev team can put out a fix, his spare time, for free, that works wonders with a $15 soundpack, but you can't?

It's been six months.

Not only has there been no meaningful progress, but it actually is even worse than on release.

We are paying customers and we have fulfilled our part of the deal. We paid upfront.

Please deliver. This whole "we're waiting for a new recording" narrative sound like you're counting on the fact that we'll end up giving up and stop moaning about it.

License TSS's soundpack, integrate Zaki87's mod, he said on the Microsoft forums that he'd be okay with that, just do something.

This is absolutely insane, you're not an indie dev that is working on their first mod, you've been at this for decades, so please get someone working on it and deliver.

I can't believe that of all the reputable developers I've been a customer at for almost a decade, it's Aerosoft that's the one pulling this on me. Unbelievable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Andrei56 said:

And?

How come a guy on the internet that is not in your dev team can put out a fix, his spare time, for free, that works wonders with a $15 soundpack, but you can't?

It's been six months.

Not only has there been no meaningful progress, but it actually is even worse than on release.

We are paying customers and we have fulfilled our part of the deal. We paid upfront.

Please deliver. This whole "we're waiting for a new recording" narrative sound like you're counting on the fact that we'll end up giving up and stop moaning about it.

License TSS's soundpack, integrate Zaki87's mod, he said on the Microsoft forums that he'd be okay with that, just do something.

This is absolutely insane, you're not an indie dev that is working on their first mod, you've been at this for decades, so please get someone working on it and deliver.

I can't believe that of all the reputable developers I've been a customer at for almost a decade, it's Aerosoft that's the one pulling this on me. Unbelievable.

Hi @Andrei56! What sound mods have you found and where can I find them? Thank you very much. 

Best regards Jan 

Hi Jan,

Apologies, I'm not sure what I can and can't share on the forums, coming from other websites, so what I can only encourage you to type "Aerosoft Twin Otter Soundmod for RPM/Pitch Fix" in your prefered search engine, and maybe search for a website that has "flightsim" in it's name. The author of the mod is "zaki87" (he is a user on this forum, too, though). You'll find a mod that tells you that you'll need also purchase a soundpack from a company called "TSS", for about $15 and then install zaki87's mod.

Oddly enough, the modder says that the sounds in that pack are exactly the sounds used by Aerosoft in the Twin Otter they sell us. it's just that zaki87 mixed them properly.

You can hear the result of his work on youtube by searching for a video called "DHC6 Twin Otter Soundmod MSFS2020". It's an 8min video posted on January 21st 2022.

Sounds great, I just find it absurd that I would need to buy extra stuff on top of Aerosoft's product in order to make it sound decent.

Again, sorry for not just directly linking to stuff, I'm not up to date with the forum rules so I try to steer clear from any problems with the mod team.

Cheers.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Andrei56 said:

Hi Jan,

Apologies, I'm not sure what I can and can't share on the forums, coming from other websites, so what I can only encourage you to type "Aerosoft Twin Otter Soundmod for RPM/Pitch Fix" in your prefered search engine, and maybe search for a website that has "flightsim" in it's name. The author of the mod is "zaki87" (he is a user on this forum, too, though). You'll find a mod that tells you that you'll need also purchase a soundpack from a company called "TSS", for about $15 and then install zaki87's mod.

Oddly enough, the modder says that the sounds in that pack are exactly the sounds used by Aerosoft in the Twin Otter they sell us. it's just that zaki87 mixed them properly.

You can hear the result of his work on youtube by searching for a video called "DHC6 Twin Otter Soundmod MSFS2020". It's an 8min video posted on January 21st 2022.

Sounds great, I just find it absurd that I would need to buy extra stuff on top of Aerosoft's product in order to make it sound decent.

Again, sorry for not just directly linking to stuff, I'm not up to date with the forum rules so I try to steer clear from any problems with the mod team.

Cheers.

Thank you very much. Very helpful!

:) Jan

Mathijs

It really would be good to hear of AS progress in this regard.  As the comments allude, it has been a long time coming.  Is work being done still?  Is there a date for update?  It's such a good aircraft, but needs this happening.....

rgds

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

We will get new recording "very soon..." 130 days later and still counting... I really hope other people here will take a stand and blacklist Aerosoft moving forward. Luckily these days, with so many independent developers and modders that care about their work and their customers, we have plenty of other options.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ich habe ja lange die Füße still gehalten aber es ist einfach nur noch eine bodenlose Frechheit. Man zahlt den vollen Preis für ein Produkt, das auch nach Monaten nicht so funktioniert wie es beworben wurde. Das grenzt an Betrug.

Wäre ich dafür verantwortlich, würden die Verursacher ihren Job verlieren. 

Am 10.7.2022 um 17:03 schrieb janjoensson:

Hi @Andrei56! What sound mods have you found and where can I find them? Thank you very much. 

Best regards Jan 

There is a second and very good Sound Mod available.

https://www.patreon.com/FTSIM

He has done a lot of Sound Improvements for other Planes too and all you need is a Patreon Subscription you can cancel after getting the Sound Mod. No need for paying for additional Sounds (which are good too). And easier to Install.

Both have done the Work Aerosoft should do.  

• Thanks 3

I agree with the above comments. I have never flown my Twin Otter since the first update. Sound was after update even worse than before. It's now rusting away in my hangar. All I want to know is: Do I have to write off my investment, or is there still hope?

Thx

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 7/12/2022 at 2:11 PM, George Curious said:

I agree with the above comments. I have never flown my Twin Otter since the first update. Sound was after update even worse than before. It's now rusting away in my hangar. All I want to know is: Do I have to write off my investment, or is there still hope?

Thx

Same here, I do enjoy my CRJs, but I can't fly my Twin Otter without proper engine sound.

I have a sad feeling they'll leave it as is ? A lot of people seem to have purchased it, therefore they made their sale numbers ?

I really hope they'll update it, but it's been a while now...

• Like 1

Have not touched the Otter since end of april. Came back here hoping the sounds have been fixed but it has not.

Damn lucky i had the Fenix 320 to keep me occupied and am currently waiting for the PMDG 737-800. 

• Like 1

Am 14.7.2022 um 16:05 schrieb MythicSimPilot:

really hope they'll update it

Sounds like they didn’t really „found an opportunity“ yet, despite what they told us every 2-3 months. :

On 7/12/2022 at 4:28 AM, Maty743 said:

I really hope other people here will take a stand and blacklist Aerosoft moving forward.

Well I sure as heck am. CaptainSim and now Aerosoft are on the "never again" list.

I'll call my bank next week and see if I can get a chargeback or something, though I doubt it, it's six months old, now.

This was my first MSFS purchase, I've waited for Aerosoft's Twin Otter since MSFS came out. I'm so disappointed, I have no words.

• Upvote 2

On 7/12/2022 at 6:57 PM, meierzwo said:

There is a second and very good Sound Mod available.

https://www.patreon.com/FTSIM

He has done a lot of Sound Improvements for other Planes too and all you need is a Patreon Subscription you can cancel after getting the Sound Mod. No need for paying for additional Sounds (which are good too). And easier to Install.

Both have done the Work Aerosoft should do.  

Hi,

The 2 euros subscription is enough to get it? Is it compatible with the plane bought from the Microsoft FS2020 store?

Thanks,

Pascal

3 hours ago, Pascal Bourgeois said:

Hi,

The 2 euros subscription is enough to get it? Is it compatible with the plane bought from the Microsoft FS2020 store?

Thanks,

Pascal

Yes and yes, in fact for 2 euros (monthly) you can download ALL the FTSim+ sound packs for MSFS, P3D, X-Plane and FSX if you want.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Pascal Bourgeois:

Hi,

Thanks,

Pascal

Yes, the Subscription is enough for all Sound Mods. And you can cancel the Subscription.  It depends on you, if you want to pay a ongoing monthly Donation but it's not needed.

I think, this Mod will work with the Store Version of the Otter. My Twotter Version is a direct buy from Aerosoft. The Mod is placed in the Community Folder and survives Updates of the Twotter. The Twotter is also linked in the Community Folder. The Installation Documentation for this Mod says to move the aerosoft-aircraft-twin-otter Folder to /Official/Steam or /Official/Store but that was not needed for the Aerosoft Direct Buy. Placing the Mod into the Community Folder was the only thing to do.
I did just a short Flight around my Home Airport without the Mod and, gosh, I forgot how bad the original Sound Set is. Sounds goes off, Sounds kick in without Transition between the Sounds. Crazy Sounds with Reverse and Flare. I quickly installed the Mod back. Invest the 2 Euro and get them. It's the best you can do for a better Experience with the Twotter.

P.S. By the Way, anyone knows if the Version 1.01 still is the latest Version of this Mod?