We will get new recording very soon...

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2022 at 3:17 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

... and the moment we get those we can update the sound set. 

What is the current update on these new sounds? What is a rough timeframe we can expect an update? 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

@Wolfgang ErnstWhile I really dislike your tone on these forums, I do agree with the sentiment.

I love this plane, and I love flying it, but at the same time I can’t fly it without being constantly annoyed by the poor engine sounds. They’re an absolute immersion killer.

And while I understand these things take time, and Aerosoft will want to get it right this time, they seem to be moving slow as molasses with this.

It’s a little frustrating…

There are new sounds coming ... just relax!

Wait and see if you like them. If not, there other options. It's not rocket science, and it's not worth getting your knickers in a twist about.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd also be curious. I need to say, I'm by now quite a bit disappointed. I haven't used the Twin Otter much, it's a nice plane but apart from graphics, sound is the only other thing to give immersion (no real movement or smell or touch). And to really botch it in this area and then not moving on the issue is quite disappointing. I already had bought the Frisian Islands that just resulted into CTD until some fix. CRJ is nice but I'm starting to have my doubts about this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'll have to say likewise; I got the Twin Otter almost instantly on release without giving it time to hear about the sounds. And yeah, I've shelved it; it's a painful airplane to fly until those sounds come in.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 7:37 PM, Schemgg said:

There are new sounds coming ... just relax!

Wait and see if you like them. If not, there other options. It's not rocket science, and it's not worth getting your knickers in a twist about.

Something about that statement is just wrong, people won't just get their knickers in a twist...lol. They will let their wallet do the talking and that's really the last thing they probably need, I don't think I will purchase another Aerosoft product for a long while.

You also have to consider many would like to just purchase a plane and use it joyfully, not have to research and install work arounds just to use what you just purchased. The complaints on this board are just a sprinkling of the complaints I read on other sim forums, it would do Aerosoft well to NOT ignore this group. 

13 hours ago, rbringh said:

Something about that statement is just wrong, people won't just get their knickers in a twist...lol. They will let their wallet do the talking and that's really the last thing they probably need, I don't think I will purchase another Aerosoft product for a long while.

You also have to consider many would like to just purchase a plane and use it joyfully, not have to research and install work arounds just to use what you just purchased. The complaints on this board are just a sprinkling of the complaints I read on other sim forums, it would do Aerosoft well to NOT ignore this group. 

I would say that Aerosoft products are usually some of the best there are and I am sure they can and want to get the Twinotter up to the quality we are used to. The CRJ is very good and so are many of their airports, for example the Brussels airport which I love.

However I wonder why the lack of replies or information here about the sound issue. I've decided not to buy the Twinotter until the sound problems are fixed, but loved the plane in P3d, so waiting eagerly :)

Best regards Jan

No idea why Aerosoft seems completely unable to deliver here. Have a look at the fabulous sound improvements the Cessna 414 from flysimware has got using service from SimAcoustics. Improvement of sound files has been announced mid April and has been delivered yesterday. A much bigger company like Aerosoft should have been capable to implement a sound update since release time. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/12/2022 at 6:32 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

A new possible recording options seems to be near.

Would be interesting to know how this kind of recordings are made and the different sounds identified and extracted. It must be a lot of noise in the real aircraft. Where are the microphones placed? 

Best regards Jan

• Aerosoft
1 minute ago, janjoensson said:

Would be interesting to know how this kind of recordings are made and the different sounds identified and extracted. It must be a lot of noise in the real aircraft. Where are the microphones placed? 

Best regards Jan

Well, yeah, that is why the recording we organized earlier this year failed, lol. It is complex. There is no good way to record the engine without the prop and there is no good way to record the prop without air flow sounds.   And nobody EVER has recorded how an aircraft sounds at cruise altitude from the outside. Simply no way to record that. So basically every sound designer will make that sound like how he/she believes the customers will think it sounds.  And that is why every single 'specific' aspect of a aircraft sound is always way overdone. The whine of a jet, the howl of a turbine, the whoop whoop of a Huey, it has little do do realism and all with expectations.  Let alone the itchy topic of Noise Canceling Headphones. That is what pilots hear but everybody who uses them knows every brand sounds different. 

An F-16 pilot does not hear the engine. He does hear an increase in noise level when the AB are on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well, yeah, that is why the recording we organized earlier this year failed, lol. It is complex. There is no good way to record the engine without the prop and there is no good way to record the prop without air flow sounds.   And nobody EVER has recorded how an aircraft sounds at cruise altitude from the outside. Simply no way to record that. So basically every sound designer will make that sound like how he/she believes the customers will think it sounds.  And that is why every single 'specific' aspect of a aircraft sound is always way overdone. The whine of a jet, the howl of a turbine, the whoop whoop of a Huey, it has little do do realism and all with expectations.  Let alone the itchy topic of Noise Canceling Headphones. That is what pilots hear but everybody who uses them knows every brand sounds different. 

An F-16 pilot does not hear the engine. He does hear an increase in noise level when the AB are on. 

Thank you very much!!! Very interesting to know. Good luck with the new sounds!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

Still problematic, we are still negotiating with two companies who use Twin Otters.  The main problem remains that there are simply very few in Europe and that it simply can't be replaced by another aircraft with the same engines because the internal sounds are simply much louder and in a different pitch due to the thin panels.

• Like 3