CCM mods and the Twin Otter

I bought the Twin Otter so I could fly my favorite aircraft.  You've taken away the mods that made it acceptable. You made your payware is completely useless to me.

I've uninstalled it and I will NEVER fly it again.  I'll never buy any of your products again, and I'll tell everyone I know at every opportunity and on every forum I can find, to avoid Aerosoft.

I want my money back. I want it back, NOW!

(Hey, Admins?  You might delete this message or you might block further comment.  I've saved it to repeatedly repost until I either get my money back, you fix what you've done, or you kick me out of here.)

I agree.  This is simply appalling, anti-community behaviour by Aerosoft.  I won't be buying an Aerosoft product again, after the rushed poor quality release of the Twin Otter, but much more because of this unbelievable behaviour.  Goodbye, Aerosoft.

Hello, Aerosoft.

I will not be boycotting you nor will I be deleting the Twin Otter... and I will gladly continue to fly the Twin Otter, without CCM's mods, as I have since the plane was released. I can't speak at all to your other products as this has been my first purchase and so far it has put a smile on my face. Anyone can call me a fool if they'd like, but I believe after some updates and constructive feedback on any issues/bugs that may arise, this plane will only continue to get better. Just my two cents. You have brought me the ability to fly such a fantastic bird in this sim and for that I am grateful. 

Oh and Aerosoft, on a side note; I would love to be a beta tester for the Twin Otter. I think it would be really amazing to be apart of this project and help out in any way that I can. 

You can enjoy the product and also encourage Aerosoft to stop being hostile to its users. These things are not mutually exclusive. The community has made .cfg mods to planes for years—including the ones from Asobo. 

"The community has made .cfg mods to planes for years..."

And that's exactly what they made .to take down.  Great way to turn a happy vocal customer into a really angry far more vocal one.

I was going to buy the Otter after seeing the excellent feedback on CCMs mod. I will no longer do so. I understand the legal points made, but this goes against the spirit of the flightsim community and will destroy a key part of what it means to be a flightsimmer.

I will be boycotting all future aerosoft products because of this non sense approach they have towards modding.
also will be looking into requesting a refund for all of my aerosoft purchases.

• Aerosoft

Friends.... 

I can fully understand the feelings. But the simple fact was that the files shared contained 95% our copyrighted material and thus was a copyright violation. And if you do not defend the copyrights of something law dictates that you can loose the copyrights. I have also suggest several ways the person who made the the files can share his work without copyright violations. 

Archived