CCM's mod removed from flightsim.to

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Let me explain it one more time.

The uploaded files were 95% our code, files we have the copyrights over. Sharing those files without permission is illegal, it is a copyright violation. It was not a choice to have those files removed, it was an obligation. 

Couldn't this be resolved by adding a @copyright to Aerosoft in the file ? Like seriously, every single aircraft that is in MSFS has some kind of mods even the paid one.  I am not saying you are not within your legal right, I am asking if there is a way to resolve this issue.

I registered an account here as a day one customer just to post my displeasure at this development. This is an incredibly short-sighted decision by Aerosoft and I urge you to quickly resolve this issue with the community.

• Aerosoft
2 minutes ago, Claude Desrosiers said:

Couldn't this be resolved by adding a @copyright to Aerosoft in the file ? Like seriously, every single aircraft that is in MSFS has some kind of mods even the paid one.  I am not saying you are not within your legal right, I am asking if there is a way to resolve this issue.

Yes there is for sure, share the information, not the file! Share the tweak, not our copyrighted code.

My friends, I a very sorry this topic went into deep dive where are reasoning seems to be lost. I have tried to reply to all comments honest and open, explaining facts. Offering solutions etc.  But is seems not a lot of people are interested in that. Some do not even seem to have read the discussion and just commented. 

As that leads to no good and I believe all aspects of this have been discussed I close this topic.

Archived