More slippery...

IanH77

I'm finding the Twotter much harder to slow, hard to say if it was SU8 or the 1.0.4.0 update that introduced it since they came about the same time.

• Aerosoft

The sim changed and our flight file changed to include these new things in the sim. It is indeed more slippery but that was, partly, the intention and should be more realistic. What is a bit lacking at this moment is the prop drag, that should be stronger but that is not achievable at this moment.

Okay thanks Matthias, at least this sim continues to develop and each update it seems to be smoother so hopefully the prop drag will be better modelled before too long.

• Aerosoft
17 hours ago, IanH77 said:

Okay thanks Matthias, at least this sim continues to develop and each update it seems to be smoother so hopefully the prop drag will be better modelled before too long.

Oh yes, there is no sign that Microsoft is slowing down the development of this new platform. A far cry from the old days of FSX where we were lucky to get two service packs!  

30 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Oh yes, there is no sign that Microsoft is slowing down the development of this new platform. A far cry from the old days of FSX where we were lucky to get two service packs!  

I was on the beta for that, DVD's through the post, still have them somewhere!

The lack of prop drag is a real problem with short, steep landings like at St. Barths. A bit disappointing that the flight model was changed as these types of approaches were half the fun of flying the Twotter. Not so much any more.

I re-watched the video of Winair landing at St. Barths on YouTube and changed my technique a bit. The pilots flew 80 knots all the way down from 1500 feet. They started with flaps 20 and then went full flaps at around 800 feet. With the old flight model I was able to slow down enough with just flaps 20 all the way down. With full flaps I am able to land without floating too much. Maybe the old model was too aggressive with prop drag? I'm assuming the new model is closer to reality since the real pilots are using full flaps.

• Developer

Any approach is a mix of many parameters and you don't know whatbthe situation was in the video. We are working agians handbook performance data and they seem to be okay, a little on the too flats side with standard parameters on approach and final.

The missing part is the de-acceleration when you pull to idle. Something you can experience on the C208 and KA350 the same way. So it is a sim problem, addressed and hopefully taken care of with the next sim update.

On 3/5/2022 at 3:19 AM, GreatScot369 said:

The lack of prop drag is a real problem with short, steep landings like at St. Barths. A bit disappointing that the flight model was changed as these types of approaches were half the fun of flying the Twotter. Not so much any more.

Def agree to this!

Archived