Maldives X in Prepar3Dv4.5

SergeyPe

Due to various reasons there is still no new/ updated scenery for Maldives. So I decided to share a couple of tips and tricks on using Aerosoft excellent Maldives X scenery in Prepar3D (I'm using ver. 4.5).

1. Installation was covered a couple of times already. One thing to remember- if you are installing by creating a "fake" fsx.exe file and then adding the three scenery folders to P3D scenery library ("Maldives X - low, medium and high priority") then one more folder needs to be added, which is "AFX" (also under "Aerosoft"). If you are using one of the "FSX to P3D Migration tools" for installation then the correct folder structure will be set up automatically. 

2. To activate the Twin Otter seaplane AI traffic you need first to move the Traffic_Male_FSX.bgl from \aerosoft\Maldives X\Maldives X - high priority\scenery to \scenery\world\scenery. The Twotters will appear at the bases but they won't move; to start the traffic you need to add/ populate the "Radios" section in the aircraft.cfg file under \SimObjects\Airplanes\AI Aerosoft DHC6 Maldives\ so that the AI planes will be able to communicate with ATC and receive the permissions. You can simply use my aircraft.cfg file attached. Traffic density can be adjusted by "General aviation traffic density (%)" slider in P3D under "Options- Traffic".

3. I did miss the new bridge between the airport and the city on approach; so I've taken one of the standard sim objects and compiled a separate file in Airport Design Editor. The attached bridge.bgl should be put into aerosoft\Maldives X\Maldives X - high priority\scenery. The shape and height are a bit different from the real one, but close enough in my opinion. 

aircraft.cfg

bridge.bgl

Archived