Engine loss - and how would probably the aircraft behave in RL?

mikkel

Lost both engines on a flight, probably too tired after a buggy CDU/FMS setup on a tutorial flight from Düsseldorf to Basel. Instantly lost the map and FMS state when I lost the engines. Released the ADG, started the APU and manage to start one engine. The plane was at about 4000 feet. Only managed to get about 40-60% N1 if I remember correctly, and crashed in some trees 50 meters from the river.

What I found strange was that the FMS-state instantly disappeared (this also happened on the ground) and that I only got 40-60% N1.

Any ideas?

*Note on the issue on pre-flight with the FMS/CDU, could it be a problem with aviaCDU? Lost all entries when I left the room with my phone, could this happen if the phone lose bluetooth connection to the PC running MSFS.

5 hours ago, mikkel said:

Lost both engines on a flight, probably too tired after a buggy CDU/FMS setup on a tutorial flight from Düsseldorf to Basel. Instantly lost the map and FMS state when I lost the engines. Released the ADG, started the APU and manage to start one engine. The plane was at about 4000 feet. Only managed to get about 40-60% N1 if I remember correctly, and crashed in some trees 50 meters from the river.

What I found strange was that the FMS-state instantly disappeared (this also happened on the ground) and that I only got 40-60% N1.

Any ideas?

*Note on the issue on pre-flight with the FMS/CDU, could it be a problem with aviaCDU? Lost all entries when I left the room with my phone, could this happen if the phone lose bluetooth connection to the PC running MSFS.

I use avia cdu.  Mine connects via IP over the network, not blue tooth.  I would have to check, but off hand don't remember a blue tooth option for connecting the avia remote to the server.  So, I don't believe there should be any avia related issue unless you lose connectivity to the Wi-Fi. 

Archived