Terrain ahead Pull up warning during ILS landing Sim-Wings Heathrow

Hans Hartvelt

When I'm on an ILS / Glideslope landing on EGLL London Heathrow, I hear call-outs below 1000 feet RA: Terrain ahead, Pull up! I checked with Prosim-AR and they replied that this EGPWS call-out has been added to the system since their version 3.11 dated 15-10-2021. 

The reason that it can occur is (quote):

It can be caused by the DEM or any scenery where altitude data is not properly defined.
This most likely requires manual database modulation. The hard way is the modulation of the file.
Look ahead was implemented in the 737 a couple of months ago...

Also note that EGPWS database and modulation data is proprietary and we have no access to it, so the new callouts are generically implemented where manual modulation is required for specific airports.
Thus the global option in cockpit setup to disable these kind of call outs.

(End quote).

So my question is: can you check if altitude data isn't defined properly indeed and if this is the case, can you offer a fix?

Hans Hartvelt

The Netherlands

Matthijs, runways are 27L and 27R. Aircraft is Prosim B738 model 2021 PBR.

In the meantime another Prosim user reported this issue on Ajaccio rwy 02 and on Skiathos. He noticed that there are hills beyond the runway, but they are miles away. That corresponds with my experience that I see terrain clutter on my ND, but only at the edges, so miles beyond the runway. So I think that it's a Prosim issue rather than an Sim-wings EGLL issue, but I would appreciate your check on the altitudes though.

• Developer

The sim-wings scenery Heathrow includes no codes that change any groundlevel altitudes at ground, only the direct ground inside the airport is flatten.

So this issue could not be generated by the scenery

OPabst, I don't really understand what you are saying, but if you say that the issue could not be generated by the scenery, that will be enough for me. Thank you very much for your reply. I will forward it to the Prosim developers.

• Developer

Yes, there is simply nothing in the scenery addon, what changes the terrain, so that it can result in a terrain warning.

And when there is nothing in the addon code, we can‘t fix the issue, which seams to be somewhere in the database of prosim, which seams the source here as you say.

So we close it here.

• OPabst locked this topic

Archived