Working VDGS

Erwin06

Hi,

I have both EDDB and EDDM sceneries (EDDM since yesterday) and they look fantastic. The only problem, I know I am not the first to tell you this, is that there are still no working VDGS. 

I read that "Functional Safegates (VDGS) will be integrated as soon as there is a reliable technical solution by the MSFS SDK."

I also know that EDLP by aerosoft has working VDGS since january from last year. I bought NZAA scenery by flightbeam and the VDGS are working great ! The solution is a tool created by Nool Aerosystems : https://vdgs.nool.ee/getting-started/overview/.

According to the website, it is very easy to implement, even a freeware airport has the V2 for all of its stands : https://flightsim.to/file/1494/enzv-stavanger-airport-sola. Here is a demo : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLDTSgcDyxI.

It looks very promising, I understand that this is unofficial and not free, but I think that a lot of customers will buy your scenery when VDGS will finally be implemented. I was waiting to buy the NZAA scenery for this reason and I am now waiting to buy EDDH.

By looking at the top wishes for MSFS, VDGS is still not on the list, so I guess it will not be implemented in the SDK soon (without being pessimist, it could take months or years). Why wait when there is a reliable solution that can make everyone happy ?

• Like 1

• Aerosoft

Hi @Erwin06,

Aerosoft is working on it's own VDGS implementation module. You might want to check out our Brussels MSFS preview topic, since this will be the first scenery where this technology is used.

• Like 1

• Aerosoft

And it should be available pretty soon.  It comes in the form of a module can be used with either Marketplace or non Marketplace products, Xbox is at this moment not an option. Of course the scenery will need to be adapted to handle it, it is not a module that works on all airports without adaptations.

The airport and the module look great ! 
I’m looking forward to buying this.

Are you planning to add this module to aerosoft airports like EDDM, EDDH, EDDB anytime soon ?

Will you sell it to other developers like LVFR (I would love to have working VDGS in LEBL) ?

Thanks a lot !

• 2 months later...
  • Developer

I can only speak for the sim-wings products (Hamburg, Munich, Tennerifa, La Palma and Ibiza), where the Aerosoft VDGS Systems will be added, but we need some time, because some needed Developers are out of office for some days and the update/installer change must also be done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

Hi,

Any indication when the EDDK version for VDGS (version 1.0.7 i believe) made available via SimMarket (Aerosoft updater)?

Marcel

Hi Mathijs,

Sofar I'm understood from you the simmarket orders can not the added to Aerosoft One?

The simmarket downloads are updated via the Aerosoft Update, correct?? So far this way i've updated to version 1.0.6.

Marcel

Seems simmarket serial is accepted from today by Aerosoft One!!  THanks for making that possible.

Marcel