(P3D v5) Aerosoft Brno - Excessive VRAM usage

DarrianCZE

Hi,

I have noticed a pretty high VRAM usage at Aerosoft Brno, which is really hitting the bottom of my 8GB RTX 3070Ti. With GSX Level 2 in use, my P3D has started (for the first time) crashing due to lack of free VRAM. I have tried to change various settings which could have an effect on it (Texture Resolution, EA On/OFF) however, it is still hitting the top of my VRAM capacity.

I would like to stress out, that so far, this is the only airport where I have this issue, and I haven't encountered it anywhere else, especially on much bigger airports, even the likes of FlyTampa Amsterdam, etc..

So this is leading me to the conclusion that something is horribly optimized in this scenery. Is there any chance this could be investigated?

Many thanks!

• DarrianCZE changed the title to (P3D v5) Aerosoft Brno - Excessive VRAM usage
5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We will forward this to the developers.  I did not find any other reports like this though.

What actually accelerated this into a "serious-ish" issue, is the GSX Level 2 walk in gates. The passengers eat quite a lot of VRAM, and when compared to standard GSX L2 in jetways or buses, the passengers can be displayed in their entirety (when using jetways and buses, it will spread the passengers into much smaller area, and therefore the full number of passengers will never be displayed). So... to sum it up, it becomes an issue when you are trying to deboard 174 passengers to the terminal.

And also, it's very possible that not many people is using Brno and GSX Level 2 (with configured walk-in gates), so I might be the first person to report this.

But, again, just to stress this out, when I have compared the VRAM consumption of other sceneries, then there is a big difference between Brno and other sceneries of airports with roughly the same size, but even several major airports, which I have tested, have consumed less VRAM than Brno. For example, Fly Tampa Amsterdam v2.

So, this becomes an issue in this particular case.

For comparison, on completely similar settings:

ORBX Olbia - 3.1 GB VRAM

ORBX Dubrovnik - 3.4GB VRAM

MK Studios Rovaniemi - 3.3GB VRAM

Cologne-Bonn Professional - 4.4GB VRAM

Justsim Heraklion - 3.7GB VRAM

FlyTampa - Amsterdam - 5.1GB VRAM (but here I understand, that airport is massive...)

Aerosoft Brno - 5.3GB VRAM

17 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As said we will forwards this. We are just the publisher for this product, it is not developed internally, nor are we able to force changes to the project. It is a shame P3D V5 has so many memory issues.

Of course, I just wanted to provide some real numbers to back up my claims 🙂

Archived