Scratchpad - unable to delete information

I accidentally entered wrong information for cruise altitude. How do I clear the information in scratchpad, pressing CLR or DEL doesn’t help. If I start typing for example F400, it will look like DELETEF400. Then I’ll press CLR a few times…becomes DELETE again in the scratchpad. There’s nothing blocking the view, I’ve seen users suggesting changing the view a little bit. If I choose a different screen or menu, DELETE stays there always, can’t clear ! 
What is the solution please ?

Regards,

Ronnie

Please login to display this image.

you may have to start the flight again.  I've always used the clear to delete anything in the scratch pad.  If you change screens and go back to the Perf screen does this help?  If you transfer the perf data from the EFB (assuming CRJ), does this help?

It would be silly to start a new flight, just because can’t clear the information in scratchpad. I’ve seen other users having the same issue, without a proper solution. Looks like bug to me. For example in A32NX this works beautifully 

Have you tried using the other FMS CDU? However, this would only be a workaround, since it does not happen IRL.

15 hours ago, Einnor said:

Looks like bug to me. For example in A32NX this works beautifully 

Never say something like that in this forum unless you want to get in serious trouble 😉

Ok, sorry take it back then. No offence, just got frustrated when I’m unable to clear scratchpad information. This restricts my ability for using the software correctly. My apologies to anyone offended. So please help me out.

Ronnie Sutherland 

This may be a simple as a malfunctioning mouse.  I have noticed that after a time, my mouse will begin sending spurious double clicks.  As to what key to press, the CLR key is correct, and it has worked with no issues for me since day one.  Yes the spoiler lever can get in the way, but I adjusted my view to keep that from happening.  Other than that, I don't have a good answer for you as the issue cannot be replicated in my case.  

• Aerosoft
On 2/15/2022 at 7:09 AM, Einnor said:

It would be silly to start a new flight, just because can’t clear the information in scratchpad. I’ve seen other users having the same issue, without a proper solution. Looks like bug to me. For example in A32NX this works beautifully 

But we are simply totally unable to recreate this. So we have no idea why this happens with some users at the moment. 

Archived