Paintkit now available

I have been following this thread daily to see if there are any updates as I am having the following issues (as well as others) that I need to resolve, so I can release my repaints for this aircraft.

Two exterior cockpit doors mirrored:
Some one indicated that the lettering can be placed in one of the decal textures that align with the two doors. Which decal sheet and where is it located as this is not indicated on any UV maps?

DHC6_DECALS_INTERIOR_INFOBOARDS_albedo.psd:
Missing the in all the paint kits, but it is referenced in the documentation. Someone indicated to just copy the existing texture and edit it to update the cockpit registration but when I try to open it in Paint Shop, it is black. Can we get this missing psd file please?

Missing texture in the AS_Aircraft_DHC6-300_Tundra_Pax:

There seems to be a texture missing for the DHC6-300 Tundra Pax. See attached image where it is black. This appears in my repaint but also with the default livery that comes with the aircraft.

If someone could look into this, it would be appreciated.

Regards,

Please login to display this image.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2022 at 4:33 AM, CXA001 said:

I have been following this thread daily to see if there are any updates as I am having the following issues (as well as others) that I need to resolve, so I can release my repaints for this aircraft.

Two exterior cockpit doors mirrored:
Some one indicated that the lettering can be placed in one of the decal textures that align with the two doors. Which decal sheet and where is it located as this is not indicated on any UV maps?

DHC6_DECALS_INTERIOR_INFOBOARDS_albedo.psd:
Missing the in all the paint kits, but it is referenced in the documentation. Someone indicated to just copy the existing texture and edit it to update the cockpit registration but when I try to open it in Paint Shop, it is black. Can we get this missing psd file please?

Missing texture in the AS_Aircraft_DHC6-300_Tundra_Pax:

There seems to be a texture missing for the DHC6-300 Tundra Pax. See attached image where it is black. This appears in my repaint but also with the default livery that comes with the aircraft.

If someone could look into this, it would be appreciated.

Regards,

---All decal UV is included in (DHC6_300_EX_TUNDRA_PAX_Decal_Label_albedo)

---Note that in MSFS only the outer shell is existing in the exterior model. 
The cockpit itself (and with it even the insides of doors) are part of the virtual cockpit model. 
Cockpit and exterior model are fully separate entities now. 
So you wont find any of the interior parts anymore in the external paintkit which exists already in the interior model.
We will have to discuss if we publish some editable version of the interior assets so.

---That part may look like that due to A.O (Ambient Occlusion) or dust.
You can delete the dust layer from the paint kit if you wish.

The OA is a part of it. The part in question is now grey instead of black, but it looks flat in the Tundra PAX compared to other models.

Also removing the OA is not really an option as the rest of the aircraft has dirt and but the wings are sparkly clean.

I have created a custom livery for the DHC-6-300 Wheels Cargo 3-Blade using the paint kit.  How do I set the prop spinner to Metallic? I can not find a repaint of this version with metallic prop hub to review.   Is it not possible on this version?  

18 minutes ago, Lemit said:

I have created a custom livery for the DHC-6-300 Wheels Cargo 3-Blade using the paint kit.  How do I set the prop spinner to Metallic? I can not find a repaint of this version with metallic prop hub to review.   Is it not possible on this version?  

I’m not at my pc just now but it will be possible. You’ll need to find the related comp dds file for prop blur and change the prop section to a lighter shade of grey in the blue channel.
if you are not comfortable working with channels, you could probably just find the related comp file for one of the other default variants with a metallic spinner and copy that over to your custom livery folder and rename to fit the wheels cargo variant. 

• Thanks 1

OK, I am trying that now.  The Amphib default paint has a 3 blade metallic "spinner". so I will copy all of the prophub files into my paint texture folder, rename them to match my model and update the layout.json. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Transair27 said:

he did say earlier that they'll know further next week (re sound files), so I'd say we're a couple of weeks away at least!

I'm not asking about sound files - I'm asking for an update after he said he'd check on 10th March

• 1 month later...
Am 20.2.2022 um 15:04 schrieb Trevor Hannant:

Am I going mad/blind - I can't see the DHC6_DECALS_INTERIOR_INFOBOARDS_albedo.psd file in any of the files linked above.   I thought perhaps it would be a separate later in the DHC6_300_EX_WHELS_PAX_Decal_Label_albedo.psd file but don't see it there either.

Anyone able to point to it for me?

Hi Trevor!

As this is a part of the interior model and the paintkit only features exterior stuff normally this isn´t included yet. We are discussing internally to release also those mentioned files for repainters to change.

Kindest Regards

Stefan

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/16/2022 at 8:38 AM, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Hi Trevor!

As this is a part of the interior model and the paintkit only features exterior stuff normally this isn´t included yet. We are discussing internally to release also those mentioned files for repainters to change.

Kindest Regards

Stefan

Hi @Stefan Hoffmann, any update on this at all or still under discussion?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi there, I am using blender to 3d paint, but I am encountering problems finding the main (fusalage / mainframe) model file.
Is that hidden somewhere by Aerosoft. I installed the Twotter from the MSFS store, and not as sep. download. 
If possible, could someone point me to a working Aerosoft Twotter model? I am looking for the 4-blade cargo version explicitely, but I guess the 3 blade version / tundra version would work too.
I do know how to later work on the dds files, I also got the paintkit.
Thanks,

Hey fellow repainters,
I feel I am a bit "behind" here. Up until now I was able to do some nice repaints,
using Photoshop and DXT2BMP Converter tool.
Normally I do repaints in blender for a.) symmetry reasons and b.) making sure the artwork fits properly onto the fuse.

Now, with the DHC6_300_EX_WHEEL_CARGO_4BLADE_FUSE_ALBEDO.PNG.DDS I do have my problems.

it does not open in GIMP. It does not open in DXTBMP.exe. I haven't tried in photoshop yet, but I never used photoshop to actually save dds files, so it won't work there either. I am able to view the dds file only with irfan view.
Gimp gives me this error here: Unsupported DXGI format (98)

I do have the repaint psd file.

My repaint (without the sim albedo) looks like this.
So, basically my question is: How do I now get my livery back into the requested dds format. Normally I just save over the dds or re-import it via the dxtbmp.exe.

Any hint or pointing me into the direction will be highly appreciated. I have done several repaints with obviously simpler aircrafts before, so I am not completely newbie but this here seems more complex and I don't know what to do.

Thanks

• 5 months later...