Paintkit now available

• Aerosoft

Thanks for this Mathijs - this is going to make the livery creation process a lot quicker. I do notice there are some missing elements in the Paintkit though. Using the 300PAX fuselage for example, the Static Stuff group is missing some cockpit interior items such as internal door lining. This is also missing from the UV layer which may partly explain why it is missing. It does show up on the example sim albedo layer at the top if enabled though so we can manipulate that to fix the paint kit.

I've not checked them all yet and will do a quick livery test and export into the sim this evening but just wanted to share this so you can hopefully feed back to the texture artists if they can update the paint kit. 

• Aerosoft
15 hours ago, xiphias said:

Thanks Mathijs. There are thirteen models in total but only twelve links in the list. I believe this is the link to the missing model:

https://freeware.aerosoft.com/forum/downloads/PaintKit_DHC6_100_WHEEL_PAX.zip

Indeed indeed!

• Aerosoft
17 hours ago, Donka said:

Thanks for this Mathijs - this is going to make the livery creation process a lot quicker. I do notice there are some missing elements in the Paintkit though. Using the 300PAX fuselage for example, the Static Stuff group is missing some cockpit interior items such as internal door lining. This is also missing from the UV layer which may partly explain why it is missing. It does show up on the example sim albedo layer at the top if enabled though so we can manipulate that to fix the paint kit.

I've not checked them all yet and will do a quick livery test and export into the sim this evening but just wanted to share this so you can hopefully feed back to the texture artists if they can update the paint kit. 

I will ask the modelers to comment on this.

Thanks Mathijs.

I have run a quick test with the paint kit as is and even though the resultant texture file is missing the interior door lining and signage, it is still showing up in sim so it looks like these particular elements are not actually referenced via the fuselage texture. It looks like the example albedo file contained in the paint kit may be out of date or contain elements that are not required.

I'll report back on any issues I find.

15 minutes ago, geraldlec said:

Where are the explanations to impletement the finished files *.dds in a livery package ? What to write in texture.cfg and the json from the folder texture ?

The texture.cfg file should only need to be updated for the paths for the fall back textures, You also need to do similar for the model.cfg. If you are not familiar with this then I suggest you download a 3rd party livery and review the structure - it will help enormously.

1 hour ago, Donka said:

The texture.cfg file should only need to be updated for the paths for the fall back textures, You also need to do similar for the model.cfg. If you are not familiar with this then I suggest you download a 3rd party livery and review the structure - it will help enormously.

It is what I have done, need to download another livery...

Am 14.2.2022 um 15:54 schrieb Donka:

Hi Donka!

Note that in MSFS only the outer shell is existing in the exterior model. The cockpit itself (and with it even the insides of doors) are part of the virtual cockpit model. Cockpit and exterior model are fully separate entities now. So you wont find any of the interior parts anymore in the external paintkit which exists already in the interior model. We will have to discuss if we publish some editable version of the interior assets so.

Hi Stefan, I was going by the reference image included as the top layer in the paintkit which included the interior doors etc. I later discovered these are not required on the texture when testing it out. 

Considering Aerosoft has hard painted the registration number on the instrument panel instead of using a reference from the aircraft.cfg file like all other MSFS planes, it might be prudent to include those panel textures so skinners can add the customer registration number to their skins. I'm fighting this right now with the current liveries. Some skinners painted the reg in and others did not, leaving the panel with the default registration number. It's a mess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bananimal said:

Considering Aerosoft has hard painted the registration number on the instrument panel instead of using a reference from the aircraft.cfg file like all other MSFS planes, it might be prudent to include those panel textures so skinners can add the customer registration number to their skins. I'm fighting this right now with the current liveries. Some skinners painted the reg in and others did not, leaving the panel with the default registration number. It's a mess. 

That’s genuinely simple for the custom livery artist. It’s literally a 1 min job and for me, goes hand in hand with the rest of the texture editing. 

• Like 2

Am I going mad/blind - I can't see the DHC6_DECALS_INTERIOR_INFOBOARDS_albedo.psd file in any of the files linked above.   I thought perhaps it would be a separate later in the DHC6_300_EX_WHELS_PAX_Decal_Label_albedo.psd file but don't see it there either.

Anyone able to point to it for me?

• Like 1

Additionally, could the two cockpit doors have their own textures rather than them being shared (as it was with the P3D model)?  Unfortunately it means anything such as text that goes on one door is reversed on the other...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

To be honest, the infoboards doesn’t really need a separate psd file as it is just a single layer. Just copy the existing texture and edit it to update the cockpit registration. 

19 hours ago, Trevor Hannant said:

Additionally, could the two cockpit doors have their own textures rather than them being shared (as it was with the P3D model)?  Unfortunately it means anything such as text that goes on one door is reversed on the other...

HI Trevor ,
The cockpit doors were worked symmetrically.but
In the case of text, it is implemented separately using decals.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jaeeon LEE said:

HI Trevor ,
The cockpit doors were worked symmetrically.but
In the case of text, it is implemented separately using decals.

Can you point to where on the decal sheet would align with the two doors please as it's not noted on the UV map, thanks.

• Like 1

Thank you for the paint kits. I have created a variety of liveries already without it, but I'm sure these will help in some areas such as exhaust build up on surfaces. Either way, I will continue on. Hope everyone else figures their issues out. I look forward to seeing what other people make.

Here is a clean livery I created for MM Simulations for use in their Emden (EDWE) scenery: MM Simulations Twin Otter TC-MMS