SU8 beta and the CRJ

LH4371

The engine shutdown on Pause thing is the default Mixture control mapping in MSFS is in the off position. Since it is not needed for the CRJ eliminate it from the controls or make sure that it is full on and you will not have that issue any longer. 

Hmm. I just used the CRJ the first time now with SU8 Beta and I am having again those GPU MEM drops, resulting in frequent stutters Graphics and Sound every few seconds.

Does anyone have same issues?

Last time, I got rid of this by deactivating YourControls but this is deactivated now.

System: 12900k, RTX3090, 64GB 3600 Ram.

Please login to display this image.

On 2/18/2022 at 6:58 PM, Dirk1981 said:

Hmm. I just used the CRJ the first time now with SU8 Beta and I am having again those GPU MEM drops, resulting in frequent stutters Graphics and Sound every few seconds.

Last time, I got rid of this by deactivating YourControls but this is deactivated now.

Please login to display this image.

I’m having the stutters too, and I’m not in the SU8 beta.

4 hours ago, amahran said:

I find that there's no sound associated with lowering the landing gear on the CRJ-700 when on the SU8 Beta.

Anyone else seeing this, or am I the only one?

I'll pay attention next flight, but I have not noticed any sound anomaly. 

On 2/18/2022 at 11:58 AM, Dirk1981 said:

I have nothing for this.  I am just not seeing it, either in looking at the performance graph or stutters in the sim.  My pc is not on par with yours so it's a mystery.  I run at full native resolution for my TV/monitor 3840 x 2160.  Most of my sliders are full right, but not all.  I have the latest Nvidia drivers. I am running I7-9700KF, no overclock, 2070 super, no overclock, 32 Gb Ram 3400 and I'm running DX11 on the sim.  Ill run the graph again next flight and see what pops up.  Normally I don't even look at it as I only care about smoothness of the sim.  Frame rates don't matter to me other than what the eye needs to be smooth. 

• Aerosoft

Almost all of us are running this beta and we simply don't see this. The moment we see any of this we'll report it to Microsoft and they are using the CRJ a lot so if there are issues I am sure they will be solved. And if you are testing SU8, do report it yourself! That's why they send these files out. The GPU mem drops I do see (but without the negative effects) but these are in my opinion just clean up runs that I see even if the CRJ is not running.

Note that if you do these tests, do them with a clean folder and just the CRJ. Only that way can you see if the CRJ is involved.

Tried it with the beta, loaded fine with no obvious issues.  I didn't take it up for a flight though, so I can't comment any further than "It loads up alright".

Anyways, judging by how the last update treated it, that much alone is already a profit.

We'll learn more in a few days when it goes officially out of beta, I guess - I had to revert to vanilla due to how the beta broke MP compatibility, and I do enjoy flying socially....

The only thing I've seen with SU8 is when I first set up the plane in the EFB and send the payload data to the sim, the mark on the EFB that shows the CG and weight jumps fairly dramatically from where it was just displayed.  Clicking send payload one more time returns it to the original position, and every press after that leaves it in the same spot.

I wonder if this is related to the SU8 beta bug (hasn't been fixed yet, wouldn't be surprised if it persists into the final build released today) where when you load into a plane, the max payload weight is some negative value in the W&B screen.

5 hours ago, Joe Markowski said:

The only thing I've seen with SU8 is when I first set up the plane in the EFB and send the payload data to the sim, the mark on the EFB that shows the CG and weight jumps fairly dramatically from where it was just displayed.  Clicking send payload one more time returns it to the original position, and every press after that leaves it in the same spot.

I wonder if this is related to the SU8 beta bug (hasn't been fixed yet, wouldn't be surprised if it persists into the final build released today) where when you load into a plane, the max payload weight is some negative value in the W&B screen.

This has been a bug since day one, and even since the FSX version of the CRJ. The first "Send Payload" puts the COG in a weird location, and then the second "Send Payload" puts it back in the correct position.

4 hours ago, amahran said:

This has been a bug since day one, and even since the FSX version of the CRJ. The first "Send Payload" puts the COG in a weird location, and then the second "Send Payload" puts it back in the correct position.

Not sure this is a bug but has to do with how things are first calculated and then sent to the aircraft config file.  In other words, if I remember correctly is basically requires a two-step process with the results of the finals step displayed in the EFB.

Could be easily solved by having one click perform the operation twice if it is required, but that has not been done. So yeah, bug. Not explained anywhere in the documentation either if I recall.

Post SU8, my save custom cockpit cameras appear to be mucked up, and using my assigned keyboard keys [Ctrl][nn] no longer appear to save them.  My pilot view was previously set to Numpad 0 with a joystick button mapped to it, but it now jumps to the outside roof!  No matter what I try to reassign it, it just won't work.  Any one else found issues and is it fixable?

1 hour ago, STUARTH said:

Post SU8, my save custom cockpit cameras appear to be mucked up, and using my assigned keyboard keys [Ctrl][nn] no longer appear to save them.  My pilot view was previously set to Numpad 0 with a joystick button mapped to it, but it now jumps to the outside roof!  No matter what I try to reassign it, it just won't work.  Any one else found issues and is it fixable?

Did you run SU8 Beta?  If so then I think what happened was, like in my case, the entire sim was reinstalled on update.  This did in fact remove all my saved views and I had to redo them.  Also, you might want to check if your controller profiles were changed/deleted.  Those may have to be redone unless you use an outside program to do manipulate them, like Axis and Ohs. 

If your sim was completely reinstalled AND you previously used a custom Community folder location like I do, then you may find that the sim now thinks the default location is in use, like mine did post update.  This can be solved easily by using symbolic links.  I posted a thread about this already, look for the video there for instructions. 

1 hour ago, Crabby said:

If so then I think what happened was, like in my case, the entire sim was reinstalled on update.

That's wild.  I moved off the beta branch, cleared my community folder in prep for an update, and loaded right into the main menu.  It was stupidly anticlimactic.

I'm also mildly annoyed they didn't fix anything that was found during the beta, like the weight and balance bug.

• Aerosoft
5 minutes ago, Joe Markowski said:

I'm also mildly annoyed they didn't fix anything that was found during the beta, like the weight and balance bug.

Do communicate with Microsoft about issues like this.  They affect users and devs and I assure you Microsoft does read the comments.

On 2/21/2022 at 9:44 AM, TomAce said:

Very noticeable and frequent stutters last time I flew the CRJ. The MSFS had been so smooth until now.

double check that "windows game mode" is disabled ... also disable the full screen optimizations in the preferences of the EXE for MSFS.

On 2/21/2022 at 3:44 PM, TomAce said:

Very noticeable and frequent stutters last time I flew the CRJ. The MSFS had been so smooth until now.

I can confirm the stutters is gone for me after updating to SU8. I also did a reinstall of Nvidia driver 511.79 before updating - so both actions could have solved the problem for me.

Archived