Mega airport Amsterdam via Steam update

PilotNL

Hi just a question,

I noticed that there might be an update to the Mega Airport Amsterdam scenery for X-plane 11.

I have purchased it via steam and it's in desperate need of an update, since a previous update of X-plane itself there are ridges in the taxiways Alpha and Bravo, which is the main taxiway, which has become unusable.

I'd love to hear how to update this great airport. Thanks.

Rico 

• Administrator

Hello Rico,

with X-Plane 11 there is no "Mega" Airport Amsterdam.

Mega Airports are only for FSX / P3D / or MFS.

The older Airport Amsterdam (EHAM) for X-Plane 10 and X-Plane 11 has no update at the time.

The actual version is v 1.15

But with the actual Amsterdam I don't know for Taxiways which are not usable. But I will try to test it here with X-Plane 11 (v11.55).

Which X-Plane 11 Graphic settings do you use for the airports?

Can you tell us the exactly position of the ridges on the mentioned taxiways please?

And can you send us the Log file Log.txt from the installed X-plane 11 folder as a file upload here?

Then I will look in it....

Thank you...

Greets Heinz

• Administrator

The Amsterdam error message:

That is a small issue with the older EHAM addon and the newest X-Plane 11 (11.50+).

The faulty file is "lchtstrknd.obj"
The file can be opened with a simple text editor (for example the Windows Editor).
It is located in the folder "your x-plane folder/Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EHAM Airport Amsterdam/custom objects/EHAM/"
There is one line in the file (towards the end):

LIGHTS 0 5

Simply comment them out with #.

So:

# LIGHTS 0 5

Save the file again.

Then the error message is gone.

----------------------------------------------------

The taxiway issues are may be a problem with the installed Ortho4XP szeneries?

I don't have Ortho4XP here. I cannot recreate it here.

May be it is an idea to deactivate the Orthos in the scenery_packs.ini file.

And test again.

Het is erg jammer dat deze scenery nog steeds verkocht wordt terwijl het niet meer goed werkt. Ik heb de AS-Scenery gekocht via de x-plane org store en deze geeft ook problemen. Het veroorzaakt  problemen bij alle EH airports. Helaas moet ik de scenery dan maar verwijderen. De aanschaf bij AS zelf is dus ook geen optie  :-(

• 2 weeks later...

The error message is least of my concern; did you even look at the screen shots or did you not see the 2 meter high ridges in the taxiway that makes this scenery completely unusable?

• Administrator

I have seen it, but I cannot recreate it here. I have installed X-Plane 11 standard scenery with Aerosoft EHAM and also tested with additionally HD mesh from alpilotX.

As mentioned. Do you have tested without orthos installed?

And be sure to have Amsterdam v 1.15 installed. And also X-Plane 11 shall be actual (v 11.55) with its Global Scenery.

You shall see it with your Steam Account....

Greets Heinz

Archived