GA Traffic

Aaron Aardvark

• Root Admin
23 hours ago, Aaron Aardvark said:

No further assistance from Aerosoft, which is a shame, so I can only assume Simply Traffic doesn't support GA traffic.

In no text do we state that we would support GA,

In no image did we ever show a GA aircraft,

In no list of airlines supported did we ever mention a GA 'airline',

In no video did you ever see GA aircraft.

From the product page:

Aerosoft Tool Simple Traffic has only one goal: To replace the default fictional liveries of the simulator with existing liveries. So, you see a lot of Delta aircraft at Atlanta, KLM at Schiphol, and Air France around Paris.

It is a DLC for Microsoft Flight Simulator featuring real-world airline liveries and offline traffic routes and schedules. In Online AI mode, real-world liveries are selected according to the live traffic data feed within the sim. In Offline AI mode, liveries are selected according to the offline traffic routes and schedules included with Simple Traffic.

Simple Traffic includes liveries for over 175 real-world airlines, and new airline liveries are being added all the time. Offline AI traffic routes and schedules are derived from over 30 million records of real-world ADS-B flight data enabling pre-Covid airline traffic levels globally within the sim.

Simple Traffic applies liveries to the native MSFS twin and four-engine jet, and regional-jet default AI models, which are optimized to minimize the impact on FPS.

While primarily a stand-alone product it will also work equally well alongside other AI DLC or megapacks, acting as a generic fallback for the airline livery and model combinations those add-ons do not contain.

How somebody could extract that we include GA traffic....

-------------------------------------------------------

Mr Kok, I'm confused as to why your reply was so rude, accusing me of things I did not say. Seeing as my post was closed without giving me an opportunity to reply now:

1. I never said you did support GA traffic

2. I never said you did show any GA aircraft

3. I never said you did mention a GA 'airline' (GA is by definition small, non-commercial aircraft)

4. I never said I saw any GA aircrafy in any video

What I did say is: Simple Traffic is excellent for showing AIRLINERS in correct numbers, in the correct livery, at the correct airports. But for me, setting "Ground Aircraft Density" to 0% as recommended means that all GA (small, non-commercial aircraft) disappear entirely - none in the air, none parked at airports / airfields.  I was politely hoping you could explain why. It is a shame you have chosen to respond in the way you have rather than trying to help a customer with a legitimate question.

• Developer

Hi Aaron Aardvark

Thanks for your question on Ground Aircraft Density and GA AI traffic.

Setting Ground Traffic Density to 0 instructs the sim not to display any static (=permanently parked) aircraft at airports. It affects both static aircraft types (Airliner and GA). The only reason we recommend a setting of 0 here is because otherwise the sim will select totally random liveries for all the static aircraft it generates at airport gates, whereas most ST users prefer to see geographically-correct liveries only. If you are OK with random liveries parked at airports (like me), then feel free to set a higher value here.

The Ground Traffic Density only affects static aircraft levels. It has no effect on the levels of 'moving' airliner or GA AI traffic, either on the ground or in the air. How much 'moving' GA AI traffic you will see depends on the AI mode (Aircraft Traffic Type) you have selected:

In Real-Time Online mode, the presence of live GA AI traffic is governed entirely by the internal live traffic data being fed into the sim from FlightAware. So if you don't see any GA aircraft listed at an airport on the FlightAware website, then you won't see any in the sim either. FlightAware generally only includes GA data for the US region.

In AI Offline mode, the presence of offline GA AI traffic is governed by the internal stock traffic BGL file instead, which is located in the Official fs-base-ai-traffic package. The stock traffic file generates GA AI traffic at most GA airports globally, so if you don't see any then make sure no other addons have deactivated the stock traffic file on your system (for example, AIG permanently disables all stock traffic).

ST doesn't change any of the behaviour described above. ST only adds liveries for the generic Airliner AI models, and additional offline AI traffic schedules alongside the stock offline AI traffic.

Hope that clears things up!

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2022 at 7:49 PM, Simple Traffic said:

...AIG permanently disables all stock traffic

... as any next ST customer may end here with the same issue (as I did), if you had AIG installed (and deleted later), to enable GA traffic again you need to rename the `…\Official\OneStore\fs-base-ai-traffic\scenery\world\traffic\trafficAircraft.bgl.aigoff` back to ``…\Official\OneStore\fs-base-ai-traffic\scenery\world\traffic\trafficAircraft.bgl`

Archived