HSI issue since 1.0.3

scoobyx

Since the 1.0.3 update I am having an issue with the HSI. When I place the G530 into GPS mode the HSI no longer rotates as I turn the airplane. In fact, I am able to turn the course knob and change the heading arrow. This is counter to my understanding of how the instrument should work and, in fact, is not representative of how the instrument works on multiple videos of the Aerosoft Twin Otter in flight operations.

The whole thing is made stranger by the fact that the deflection needle still works and the plane seems to fly the programmed course when engaging NAV mode on the AP - regardless of where the course needle is pointed. I can provide screenshots if needed.

Am I doing something wrong?

30 minutes ago, scoobyx said:

Since the 1.0.3 update I am having an issue with the HSI. When I place the G530 into GPS mode the HSI no longer rotates as I turn the airplane. In fact, I am able to turn the course knob and change the heading arrow. This is counter to my understanding of how the instrument should work and, in fact, is not representative of how the instrument works on multiple videos of the Aerosoft Twin Otter in flight operations.

The whole thing is made stranger by the fact that the deflection needle still works and the plane seems to fly the programmed course when engaging NAV mode on the AP - regardless of where the course needle is pointed. I can provide screenshots if needed.

Am I doing something wrong?

Is this the same issue as the topic immediately below this one?

I don't know. The topic below was closed. In that thread someone stated that Aerosoft noted this behavior in their patch notes but I can't find anything in the 1.0.3 patch notes saying anything about this. It's very possible I am missing something.

Another community user said that this was the way it's supposed to be in the real plane. Again, that may be the case but this isn't the way it was working prior to the patch and it seems counter intuitive. Again, that may just be me.

I was just looking for a definitive answer regarding the expected behavior. Since it was behaving a certain way before and now it's not, I thought some clarification was warranted.

1 hour ago, scoobyx said:

Again, that may be the case but this isn't the way it was working prior to the patch and it seems counter intuitive. Again, that may just be me.

That's because the previous behavior was wrong. The patch fixed that.

@Cyberstudio thanks. Apparently I missed that in the patch notes. 😐 

As a side note (and certainly just from my perspective), I am disappointed that they removed this. The HSI, in its previous form, added some situational awareness that's now lost regardless of how it operates in real life. I don't recall reading anything in this forum about folks complaining about the HSI following your heading.

32 minutes ago, scoobyx said:

@Cyberstudio thanks. Apparently I missed that in the patch notes. 😐 

As a side note (and certainly just from my perspective), I am disappointed that they removed this. The HSI, in its previous form, added some situational awareness that's now lost regardless of how it operates in real life. I don't recall reading anything in this forum about folks complaining about the HSI following your heading.

Quite the contrary actually. Now you have to be aware of the heading changes and make the adjustments manually. To me it increases the awareness.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Aerosoft
5 hours ago, scoobyx said:

The HSI, in its previous form, added some situational awareness that's now lost regardless of how it operates in real life.

Well, yes, but that is because we try to simulate the aircraft.  What we had was simply incorrect.

Archived