Fuzzy dials in FSX... anyone ever seen this before?

TheCameronPerson

Hi everyone,

Long time no speak - I hope your 2022 is a lot better than 2019 and 2020 so far!

This isn't really a Lightning problem per say, just a general FSX Steam one but I've noticed it's effects on the Lightning. I've been away from FSX for a while because of time (or lack of) and since being back I've noticed that some the gauges are appearing fuzzy. It's mainly an issue with the JF Canberra and Tornado, on the tonka the HUD is so big it doesn't fit on the glass anymore and I can't see half of it and the same with the TV tabs in the back seat (JF support aren't sure what the issue is either). The Lightning has got away relatively unscathed, the only thing is the mach strip.... I'm assuming it's part of the same problem because it wasn't like it before. It's not a massive issue I just wondered if I could pick anyone's brains to see if they've encountered something like it and how I could fix it ;) Is there a common file these things take their settings from maybe?

Thanks,

C.

Here's some I prepared earlier..

Before:

Please login to display this image.

and after...

Please login to display this image.

Mon dieu , so there is still life out there !

Hi Cameron

Well you might try taking more water with your whiskey , or booking an appointment with Specsavers 🤣

but on a more helpful side  the gauges on the Lightning are all textures applied in the .MDL whereas the hud textures will be applied on the fly through the "panel" .bmp's , so it might be worth checking the gremlins haven't been at your settings ,

global resolution should be ultra high  in the aircraft tab and very high in general and screen resolution at optimum for your monitor .

Also check the settings for your graphics card are  updated and optimised.

I suppose if your monitor was  on its way out that could cause fuzziness, ..... but not the hud distortion .

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the pointers, funnily enough the gremlins had been at my settings when I let the cfg rebuild itself.... all fixed, even the Tornado and the Canberra thanks! Luckily this means I don't have to water down the whiskey OR buy some new specs! 

C.

Archived