v1.0.3 issues

Aerosoft team, I messed around with the new build a little this afternoon and noticed the following items:

1. The pitot heat switch is operating in reverse of the button on my HC Bravo. I don't seem to have this issue on any of the other planes in the sim.
2. The fasten seat belt / no smoking light switches are not working properly. Prior to this version I could click the switch with my mouse, and they would move into the on position and hold there. Now, the switches move and then within a couple of seconds they jump back to their original off position.
3. The strobe switch still not working like other planes in the sim. On my HC Alpha, for every other plane in the sim, I can program the "Set Strobes" function to operate the switch. In the Twin Otter, I have to select "Strobes On" and "Strobes Off". Is it possible to change the function to "Set Strobes" so that users don't have to have a special config just for the strobes switch? For what it's worth, all your other lights use the Set binding.
4. I believe I still hear the trim wheel clicking (and a decent amount too).

I'll keep messing with the build and report back on anything else I run across. Looking forward to the new sound patch - hopefully you guys are making some good headway on it and can roll that out soon!

2 hours ago, scoobyx said:

Aerosoft team, I messed around with the new build a little this afternoon and noticed the following items:

1. The pitot heat switch is operating in reverse of the button on my HC Bravo. I don't seem to have this issue on any of the other planes in the sim.
2. The fasten seat belt / no smoking light switches are not working properly. Prior to this version I could click the switch with my mouse, and they would move into the on position and hold there. Now, the switches move and then within a couple of seconds they jump back to their original off position.
3. The strobe switch still not working like other planes in the sim. On my HC Alpha, for every other plane in the sim, I can program the "Set Strobes" function to operate the switch. In the Twin Otter, I have to select "Strobes On" and "Strobes Off". Is it possible to change the function to "Set Strobes" so that users don't have to have a special config just for the strobes switch? For what it's worth, all your other lights use the Set binding.
4. I believe I still hear the trim wheel clicking (and a decent amount too).

I'll keep messing with the build and report back on anything else I run across. Looking forward to the new sound patch - hopefully you guys are making some good headway on it and can roll that out soon!

Scoobyx - can you get the strobes and pitot mapped to the Alpha/Bravo?  Because I can't.  Just wondering how you do it.  I've tried set strobes and strobes on/off, but neither works for me..

SORRY DELETE REFERENCE.  I see it has been updated in 1.0.3 which I've yet to download.

@Transair27 I don't think so but I need to look when I get back to my PC tomorrow. I believe it's a "set" command so it's only taking input from turning the switch on. I'll also look at my settings for the other switches you inquired about in your earlier post and tell you how I have those mapped.

1 hour ago, scoobyx said:

@Transair27 I don't think so but I need to look when I get back to my PC tomorrow. I believe it's a "set" command so it's only taking input from turning the switch on. I'll also look at my settings for the other switches you inquired about in your earlier post and tell you how I have those mapped.

yes just did this and it works OK......so bind the up key to 'off' and down key to 'on' and it is OK.  AS may well update this with the next update perhaps.

19 hours ago, scoobyx said:

There seems to be a problem with the way the Pitot Heat switch is coded in the Twin Otter interior.xml file:

(L:ASDHC6_PITOT_HEAT_SET, Number) s0 0 > if{ l0 1 - (>B:DEICE_IE_PITOT_HEAT_Set) 0 (>L:ASDHC6_PITOT_HEAT_SET) } (L:ASDHC6_PITOT_HEAT_TOGGLE, Number) s0 0 > if{ (B:DEICE_IE_PITOT_HEAT, Bool) if{ 0 (>B:DEICE_IE_PITOT_HEAT_Set) 0 (>L:ASDHC6_PITOT_HEAT_TOGGLE) } els{ 1 (>B:DEICE_IE_PITOT_HEAT_Set) 0 (>L:ASDHC6_PITOT_HEAT_TOGGLE) } }

The RPN asks if ASDHC6_PITOT_HEAT_SET is more than 0 (i.e. 1), if so then take the value, substract one and put it into B:DEICE_IE_PITOT_HEAT_Set (so it will input 0 and hence turn it off). The  (L:ASDHC6_PITOT_HEAT_TOGGLE, Number) conditions also appears to be faulty as it doesn't do anything if the value is 0. 

The No Smoke toggle also has some code issues:

(L:ASDHC6_NO_SM_SET, number) (>B:SAFETY_IE_NO_SMOKING_Set) (L:ASDHC6_NO_SM_TOGGLE, number) s0 0 > if{ (B:SAFETY_IE_NO_SMOKING, Bool) if{ 0 (>L:ASDHC6_NO_SM_SET) 0 (>L:ASDHC6_NO_SM_TOGGLE) } els{ 1 (>L:ASDHC6_NO_SM_SET) 0 (>L:ASDHC6_NO_SM_TOGGLE) } }

If (L:ASDHC6_NO_SM_TOGGLE, number) is 1 (>0) it checks if (B:SAFETY_IE_NO_SMOKING) is on (1) and if it isn't (0) it just resets both L:vars to 0. I think it should read:

(L:ASDHC6_NO_SM_SET, number) (>B:SAFETY_IE_NO_SMOKING_Set) (L:ASDHC6_NO_SM_TOGGLE, number) s0 0 > if{ (B:SAFETY_IE_NO_SMOKING, Bool) if{ 0 (>L:ASDHC6_NO_SM_SET) 0 (>L:ASDHC6_NO_SM_TOGGLE) } els{ 1 (>B:SAFETY_IE_NO_SMOKING_Set)  } }

The same problem and solution seem to apply to the seatbelt toggle.

while on this topic, are there any peripheral bindings that would work for generators and fuel boost pumps.  So far, I can't find anything. These two, plus seat belt/no smoking signs, would then mean it's almost unnecessary to keep going back to the O/H panel.... 

The only 2 switches that are incorrect are the seat belt and no smoking signs switches. For the pitot heat (and most of the other switches) you have to use values 1 for off and 2 for on. This is to prevent activating the Lvar action when using e.g. a mouse to move the switching (the lvar would then still be 0 and put the switch back off). For 3 way switches the usable values might be 3, 2 and 1. The toggle events always take value 1 to work.

For the seat belt and no smoking, the current code omitted this check and hence directly turns the switch off if you put it on with the mouse.

Fuel pumps, generators, etc all have now lvars that can be used with joysticks, controllers, etc using spad.next or similar software.

Btw, Aerosoft has been very kind to include the Lvars in the code, and they are not to blame for the 2 faulty switches now!

I don't use Spad or other software.  So far I've bound to peripherals just through MSFS, so Pitot and Y/D are already bound to the Bravo switches.  But it would be good if MSFS enabled other bindings..

On 2/9/2022 at 5:40 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Indeed, this was added to make it available for hardware controls but it slipped out testing. Sorry.

Hi Mathijs

Is this something that will be addressed in the update?

Hi,

with the update I can also confirm that no smoking and seat belt signs are not working.

Furthermore, I suddenly had a loss of sound during the flight, but I have to test this again carefully.

The next problem is the autopilot. If I fly without AP, if I turn left or right, the control yoke follows accordingly. If the AP is active and should ONLY hold the altitude, the control yoke is suddenly animated to the right and vice versa when flying left. In addition, although no HDG and NAV is set, the AP wants to go on any course. I can only use "force" to control it, which he sometimes ends with the automatic deactivation of the AP.

Since the problems did not exist on the AP without the new update, my question is whether I can remove the update again for a test? I would really like to rule out that it is due to the update.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 2/11/2022 at 10:54 PM, bravasx said:

If the AP is active and should ONLY hold the altitude, the control yoke is suddenly animated to the right and vice versa when flying left. In addition, although no HDG and NAV is set, the AP wants to go on any course. I can only use "force" to control it, which he sometimes ends with the automatic deactivation of the AP.

I got this back from the developer:

"The autopilot always controls two axes. There's no "hold alt only but don't use any lateral mode". If "alt hold" is on, the minimum basic lateral mode would be wing level."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs
On 2/8/2022 at 12:15 AM, scoobyx said:

This is corrected in the latest update.

Is it planned to unbind the cockpit lighting from the DC Source Switch?

For me it is not fine that the lights are on 100% when i switch battery on.

My wish here is to get the LVar to BVar mapping for the lights rotaries, so i can map them to the rotaries of my input device via Axis and Ohs.

Archived