Weird vertical profile

I haven't updated pfpx, still running 2.03 because it works perfectly for me right now. However I have noticed, without changing anything, still using the same aircraft profiles, settings etc I have recently started getting these weird climbs and descents whenever I have optimum cruise FL. Anyone know why this started happening out of nowhere?

Here is the route. in this example. KATL PLMMR2 SPA Q22 RBV Q419 JFK ROBUC3 KBOS 

It happens with every aircraft profile.

Please login to display this image.

I use 2.03 also and haven't seen anything as extreme as that, a very occasional single blip.

What weather source and optimization mode is in use ?

PFPX may try to avoid turbulence but again not seen a profile as per your example.

Tested your route using a B738 with PFPX online weather, realtime AS and also AS set to historic for your departure time and the cruise altitude was straight through at FL370/390

Sometimes I hate computers and software. I use the online weather subscription with min cost like I always do, even though I havent set up any prices in pfpx. I just replanned the same flight, no changes at all and now there isn't a single dip.

Archived