Really cool vid of DHC-6 Twin Otter

Hiropemonkey

Excellent find!

I wish this would give ideas to develop adventures in this quite busy area (talking about air trafic).

FSX finaly gave us (among other things, apart from headache) a round world it would be time to enjoy it in these exiting areas with Twins but also with the fantastic Hercs...

Common Aerosoft, that would be another first in the buiseness, nobody has ever done something like this (for FSX)

Now we have the planes, we just miss the scenery.

If you go there:

http://www.antarcticconnection.com/antarct...ons/index.shtml

You will find absolutely everything to make such a fascinating project

(the rest being on Google earth)

It involves almost all nations of the world and start being in the headlines for obvious climatic reasons

even a better one:

http://www.newzeal.com/theme/Bases.htm

I did do a flight plan from Calgary to "about" where the Rothera base is. The flight was actually a great deal of fun and I spent time observing in FSX and then going to Google Earth to confirm and learn. There's some beautiful stuff along the way and it certainly got rugged around the Magellan Strait. With that said, it has got to be an agonizing flight in a Twin Otter for 10 days... whew! And the Antarctic scenery in FSX is pretty marginal at best (as I'm sure it has been all along regardless of the FS version) and I could never get to the South Pole station - even though the flight planner had it as a location. I must have been doing something wrong. Alas.

Anyway, thanks for the post and linky to the visual. Good fun.

GMark@KLUK