Status of 2.2 Configurator and Bridge

On 4/19/2021 at 11:22 AM, BenBaron said:

Hi Gérard,

as this is not the only addition we want to do for 2.2 and we have just started the implementation process...I am not putting pressure on us by giving an ETA ;).

Hi Ben,

Any progress on this ?

I take this opportunity to ask for a simple way to implement a toggle on Lvars...

(L:var, bool) ! (>L:var,bool)

It is so frequent, in a lot of aircraft... and I don't remember if I ever succeeded to specify it ...

Thanks for help and advice...

Gérard

Edit : looks like I did it long time ago. I found back the solution in an old thread ;) ( "Please explain the format of the profile JSON structure" )

Edit 2 : after crosschecking, it looks like my "solution" don't work - please HELP

{
		  "ButtonNumber": 6,
		  "PressEvent": [
			{
			  "Conditions": [
					{"Variable": "L:TstToggle", "Value": "1", "VariableIsCustom": true,
					"Condition": "L:TstToggle", "ConditionValue": "0", "ConditionIsCustom": false},
					{"Variable": "L:TstToggle", "Value": "0", "VariableIsCustom": true,
					"Condition": "L:TstToggle", "ConditionValue": "1", "ConditionIsCustom": false}
			  ]
			}
		  ]
		},

The second condition resets the variable just set by the first one :(

• Aerosoft

I think the way is to put a "else" between both conditions, otherwise when the first is completed, the second will be logically activated.

5 hours ago, SimWare said:

I think the way is to put a "else" between both conditions, otherwise when the first is completed, the second will be logically activated.

There is NO if/else in the configurator, BUT seams that ConditionLogic is the answer....

"ConditionLogic": "OR",
      "Conditions": [
        {"Variable":"L:ApTest","Value":"1","VariableIsCustom":true,
         "Condition":"L:ApTest","ConditionValue":"0","ConditionIsCustom":true},

{"Variable":"L:Aptest","Value":"0","VariableIsCustom":true,
         "Condition":"L:Aptest","ConditionValue":"1","ConditionIsCustom":true}
       ]

We really need a full syntax description...

Gérard

• Aerosoft

Hi Gérard,

this "might" indeed be a problem, as the first condition might get triggered, setting the variable to 1, with the next one seeing that value of 1 and immediately setting the variable back to 0. Result: you will never see the 1 being set.

I am going to check in code for this next week and then come back to you.

On 2/4/2022 at 2:42 PM, BenBaron said:

Hi Gérard,

this "might" indeed be a problem ;)

Hi Ben,

Would be great if you could check the faisability of a value "toggle"... "!>" for example

On 2/3/2022 at 4:55 PM, gaab said:
{"Variable":"L:ApTest","Value":"!>","VariableIsCustom":true,

Thanks.

Gérard

• Aerosoft

Bonjour Gérard,

I took a look into the code and saw it was supposed to work already. So, I also tested it myself on a LVar of our Airbus Professional A320...I can toggle an LVar like this:

From 0 to 1:

Please login to display this image.

Back from 1 to 0:

As you can see, I am using the same LVar for condition, as well as variable...and it toggles the beacon light correctly.

This is not what you are seeing in your use-case?

Bonjour Ben,

On 2/7/2022 at 4:42 PM, BenBaron said:

Bonjour Gérard,

I took a look into the code and saw it was supposed to work already. So, I also tested it myself on a LVar of our Airbus Professional A320...I can toggle an LVar like this:

As you can see, I am using the same LVar for condition, as well as variable...and it toggles the beacon light correctly.

This is not what you are seeing in your use-case?

Yes. I got it working (without "ConditionLogic", which I think is defaulted to "OR").

My real use case was more complex with more toggle with the same button.

I probably made a mistake somewhere...

But, this really ask for a simple way to toggle L:Vars ;)

Shall we wait the new devices from Honeycomb before seeing 2.2 ?

Thanks for your help.

Gérard

• Aerosoft

Glad you got it to work, Gérard!

Zitat

Shall we wait the new devices from Honeycomb before seeing 2.2 ?

No...not at all. As soon as the X-Plane Windows installer is cleared you will get it.

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2022 at 2:42 AM, BenBaron said:

Hi Gérard,

this "might" indeed be a problem, as the first condition might get triggered, setting the variable to 1, with the next one seeing that value of 1 and immediately setting the variable back to 0. Result: you will never see the 1 being set.

Hi Ben,

My apologies for tagging you and also for hijacking this thread, but after spending a full day Googling and experimenting (without success), I'm hoping that you (or someone else here) might know the answer;

I bought the Honeycomb Throttle Quadrant yesterday - and I'm using it with the HotStart TBM900 under XP11.55. Wanting to get the AP lights working correctly, I researched the correct DataRefs & added them manually to the profile (the tbm900 DataRefs don't appear in the search when using (what I believe to be) the latest configurator (thus I can't select what I can't search for -- unless I'm missing the obvious)).

Everything works PERFECTLY - except - the APR light. I've tested the light itself using a software tool that someone here kindly produced - I've used the DataRef Tool to verify that the expected variable is changing (it is) - I've checked that I've entered the correct path\name at least a dozen times ... still nothing.

Just for clarity, if I turn on APR mode in the AP then the expected behaviour is that both the NAV and APR lights will come on. No matter how I turn APR mode on, only the NAV light comes on (as it does when in normal NAV mode).

Tearing what's left of my hair our here; logic tells me that it must be an issue in the profile, but I'll be darned if I can spot it. Just wondering if you'd be so kind as to take a quick look for me ... or give me a heads up as to why it isn't orking. I've attached the profile.

Many thanks if you're able to help.

Cheers,

Colin

TBM900.json

• Aerosoft
vor 20 Stunden schrieb C J Southern:

Hi Ben,

My apologies for tagging you and also for hijacking this thread, but after spending a full day Googling and experimenting (without success), I'm hoping that you (or someone else here) might know the answer;

Hi Colin,

I could not import your profile via the Import function of the Configurator tool as I received an error message, so I checked the file via Visual Studio:

As you can see, it directly shows that there is something wrong with the formatting...in your case a ","  too much at the end of you app LED definition. If you are actually manipulating the profiles like this, I'd strongly suggest using an editor that is able to highlight formatting/syntax errors, as especially .json files can get hard to read easily for the human eye ;-).

Furthermore, as we cannot possibly know all available custom data- and commandrefs, we have the CUSTOMNAME type where you can enter anything you like into the "Name" field:

2 hours ago, BenBaron said:

Hi Colin,

I could not import your profile via the Import function of the Configurator tool as I received an error message, so I checked the file via Visual Studio:

As you can see, it directly shows that there is something wrong with the formatting...in your case a ","  too much at the end of you app LED definition. If you are actually manipulating the profiles like this, I'd strongly suggest using an editor that is able to highlight formatting/syntax errors, as especially .json files can get hard to read easily for the human eye ;-).

Furthermore, as we cannot possibly know all available custom data- and commandrefs, we have the CUSTOMNAME type where you can enter anything you like into the "Name" field:

Hi Ben,

Thanks so much for that. Initally (after I'd removed the comma) it still didn't work, so I took that condition out altogether and put it back in using the custom name field that you so kindly drew my attention to and for the first time in 2 days it's actually working - which makes you my new hero! (seriously - I spent many many hours trying to get that going)

One further quick question if I may? Is there a list of the internal DataRefs for the throttle quadrant available somewhere?

Many thanks again,

Cheers,

Colin

• Aerosoft
vor 17 Stunden schrieb C J Southern:

One further quick question if I may? Is there a list of the internal DataRefs for the throttle quadrant available somewhere?

Hi Colin:

there is no such thing as internal datarefs, only internal variables that can be defined freely and to your liking based on how we have implemented the autopilot rotaries (INT:FCU_Selector), Here is a tutorial where internal variables are touched upon. Even though it is geared towards the FSX/P3D universe, the basic procedures are the same in X-Plane.

13 hours ago, BenBaron said:

Hi Colin:

there is no such thing as internal datarefs, only internal variables that can be defined freely and to your liking based on how we have implemented the autopilot rotaries (INT:FCU_Selector), Here is a tutorial where internal variables are touched upon. Even though it is geared towards the FSX/P3D universe, the basic procedures are the same in X-Plane.

Many thanks Ben - very much appreciated again.

Archived