Date and time issues?

I'm having trouble computing flights when the departure date on my computer doesn't match the UTC date. 

For example, I was sitting at my computer at 20:00 tonight (Feb 1) to plan a flight that will leave in an hour (21:00 on Feb 1). However, we are UTC-6 here, so I'm doing my flight planning at 2:00 UTC on Feb 2, and planning a flight that will leave at 3:00 UTC on Feb 2.

Since my computer is on Feb 1, but the departure date is Feb 2 (UTC), I get issues...

Setting Feb 2 as the departure date leads to PFPX locking and saying "Not responding," and I have to shut it down and restart. But if I leave everything about the flight the same and change the departure date to Feb 1, then the flight computes, but now the weather forecasts don't synch because Feb 1 is the correct (local) date but already yesterday in UTC.

Has this been seen before? Anything I'm doing to cause this problem, and anything I can do to fix it? 

Thanks.

If you post a snapshot of the planning screen and the route in text format I'll try and reproduce here.

Not seen that issue here even planning different days around the world.

Hi Stephen, 

Thanks for your help but I think we may be able to consider this closed. I read more posts by searching the forum under "Not Responding" and I found a thread where a user was reporting a different problem that led to seeing "Not Responding," but what caught my attention was the fact that he said the flag would disappear after a while. So I decided to wait it out. Here's what I found: PFPX wasn't getting stuck in an infinite loop, it was just taking a long time to come back to life.

I started a flight plan from KORD to VNKT, using the correct UTC date, and put in the bare minimum data to compute the flight, and then pressed "Compute" and waited... Sure enough, after about 15 seconds I saw "Not Responding" but after just over a minute, PFPX came back to life and computed the flight. When I saw "Not Responding" I assumed it was stuck for good, but that's not the case.

I ran exactly the same test using today's date in the computer, which was yesterday in UTC. This time, I did not see "Not Responding," and the flight computed after about 20 seconds.

So here are my takeaways:

(A) My problem was that I wasn't waiting long enough.

(B) Computing a flight with the correct UTC date takes significantly longer. (More weather data available to parse?) 

(C) Seeing "Not Responding" doesn't mean PFPX won't reanimate itself if you're sufficiently patient.

Please login to display this image.

Archived