Severe audio (engine) stuttering out of the blue...

Gilbnx

Hi,

I didn't fly the CRJ for a couple of months, yesterday I decided to get back to it, used Aerosoft one to get the latest update (I believe .15) and since then, I'm getting severe stuttered sound in the cockpit... I get a steady 40-50fps and suddenly I drop to 10-15fps and the cockpit sound starts to severely stutter, then jump back to 45-50fps.. this is constant throughout the flight. 

I also see that sometimes get this stutter even with a high fps (40fps or so) so it must be something else. It gets worse if I move the cockpit cam around to look at the pedestal, overhead gauges, etc.

Did anyone have the same issue? Is there a way to resolve? I don't believe I have done anything unusual besides tweaking with the VR graphics settings yesterday (I'm not flying VR now) but even then, the GPU usage is low and fps is OK.

Just to add as I'm still flying, it seems that only the audio is stuttering, and the rest performs well... very strange.. 

• Gilbnx changed the title to Severe audio (engine) stuttering out of the blue...

An Update: I completely removed the installation I've done with Aerosoft One and reinstalled the build directly from the store. 

Replaying the flight (no other changes done to the sim or the computer) and now I get no noise stuttering and the performance remains high. Not sure what happened before but I'll avoid using the Aerosoft One in the future...

Update 2: the stuttering came back quite severely 1 hour into the flight. Fps is dropping occasionally to 10-15fps from 44-55fps. I see that MainThread is the culprit and the GPU is not as busy. 😞

Archived