Repainting - where can I find the external models for the Twin Otter? (to paint in Blender as there is no paint kit yet)

ozzieblr

To date all I have been able to find is interior models for each variant.  But I notice at least one user has posted the exterior models online and then removed them (copyright, no doubt).  But I have purchased the model and need to do a repaint and can only do that if I can find the exterior model files.  Any help will be appreciated. I am using the OneStore version downloaded from Marketplace.  TIA!

you need to import (not opent) the *.gltf file with a script addon for blender "msfs to blender"

image.thumb.png.b9fcd9e508749602af7b7ac438a5e2d0.png

Name of the blender script:

image.thumb.png.09e850f4ea1c4316f8a06db8c35a6e4a.png

Then you need to clean the mode by removing: frost, icing, decal, glass, blur prop disc, slow prop disc...

image.thumb.png.1222c80bd92e2785b9ec8054ad967cf6.png

image.thumb.png.0139e1182bc8c0858f5f223dcf96dbb1.png

I think the OP is trying to say that he cannot locate the .gltf file for the exterior model. I'm guessing that because I can't find them either. The only .gltf files in the package are for the interior models. The model folder for each variant contains only one .gltf file, and it's for the interior model. Is this because I bought it from the MSFS marketplace?

I would say, it is because of the marketplace installation. Same for the CRJ. 
In my TWotter installation, bought directly from Aerosoft, the external model is there.

Don't you see them in the Official directory of MFS (the one next to community) ?

Please login to display this image.

Planes I bought directly on market place appears in this "official" folder

Exemple:

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 hours ago, Carry69 said:

Yes - but the external models of the CRJ and TwinOtter are note there because they are scrambled and hidden anywhere else.

On 2/7/2022 at 6:36 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Indeed, the products on the Marketplace are encrypted and that limits the access to the files. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived