Strange loss of frame rates with all Airbus Pro series

simflyer07

After several months of enjoying the Airbus series, an annoying problem came out of nowhere: whenever I fly an Airbus in an airport with winter textures and ground speed is above 3kts, frame rates would drop to 5fps or below. No issues at all if I

switch to other seasons (no winter textures). Other addons (PMDG, QualityWings, etc.) run perfectly fine in similar scenarios, only the Airbus. I disabled external addons, reinstalled the aircrafts and still not a single clue. Any thoughts?

• Deputy Sheriffs
17 hours ago, simflyer07 said:

After several months of enjoying the Airbus series, an annoying problem came out of nowhere: whenever I fly an Airbus in an airport with winter textures and ground speed is above 3kts, frame rates would drop to 5fps or below. No issues at all if I

switch to other seasons (no winter textures). Other addons (PMDG, QualityWings, etc.) run perfectly fine in similar scenarios, only the Airbus. I disabled external addons, reinstalled the aircrafts and still not a single clue. Any thoughts?

Ok, can you specify some of these Airports, please. I would like to test myself.

6 hours ago, masterhawk said:

Ok, can you specify some of these Airports, please. I would like to test myself.

So far, it happens with Flytampa, FSDreamteam, FlightBeam, Aerosoft FRA/CDG, Drzewiecki Design sceneries. I'd say, any airport with winter scenery will cause the issue

• Deputy Sheriffs

But that’s strange.

Winter textures are just a set of different textures.

Sometimes manually installed. Sometimes triggered by script.

I can’t see any relation to the Airbus code.

21 hours ago, masterhawk said:

But that’s strange.

I deleted the p3d.cfg file and let the sim make a fresh one to see if custom settings are causing this. Same problem. I also killed any weather addon, chase plane etc. still no hope. given these results, I wouldn't discount any interference from aerosoft code at this moment. 

21 hours ago, masterhawk said:

But that’s strange.

I deleted the p3d.cfg file and let the sim make a fresh one to see if custom settings are causing this. Same problem. I also killed any weather addon, chase plane etc. still no hope. given these results, I wouldn't discount any interference from aerosoft code at this moment. 

• 4 weeks later...

I found the bug. I used Parallel 42 PreciptFX which installs the wheel spray effect. That effect is activated whenever the season is winter or the weather is rainy. It seems that the file for that effect was missing and somewhere in the Aerosoft code, it will look for it and cause the drop in fps. Just run the configuration again of that addon and problem is gone.

Archived