Off Course deflection is barely noticeable

I'm not sure what distance each tick mark in the gauge is suppose to represent, bust all other planes have far greater movement to aid with course correction. This just does not seem right to me.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi

We tested this in VLOC in both VOR and LOC mode. From the KI 525A user manual: In VOR the deviation scale is 2 degrees per dot (full deviation 10 degrees) and in LOC 1/2 degrees per dot (2.5 degrees full deviation). With that it's working as supposed.

When it comes to the GPS. I think it follows the GPS CDI scale that comes with the default GNS 530 and there isn't much we can do to change that.

On the right you can see simVarWatcher values. LOC tuned above and VOR tuned below.

9f1oxaq.png

DjZ2l9o.png

Thought I would add some photos of the Twin Otter on take off, KMSY RWY 29 in heading mode (290) about 1000 ft after take off and one of the NG Embraer Bandeirante. Both use the exact same navigation system. Same runway, in heading mode (290) about 1000 ft after take off. Big difference in off course deflection. Even your CRJ 1000 using the same runway show's similar deflection to the Embraer. The destinations are the same for all aircraft. Same flight plan to be exact.

On 1/28/2022 at 9:13 AM, Secondator said:

Hi

We tested this in VLOC in both VOR and LOC mode. From the KI 525A user manual: In VOR the deviation scale is 2 degrees per dot (full deviation 10 degrees) and in LOC 1/2 degrees per dot (2.5 degrees full deviation). With that it's working as supposed.

When it comes to the GPS. I think it follows the GPS CDI scale that comes with the default GNS 530 and there isn't much we can do to change that.

On the right you can see simVarWatcher values. LOC tuned above and VOR tuned below.

It still has 10 times less deflection than any other plane in the simulator, CRJ works fine, Otter no. See my comparison photos in this thread.

The HSI CDI definitely does not match the GPS course deflection.  However I have not yet seen an indication that seemed clearly wrong when using ground-based Navaids.

Several Carenado add-ons for FSX/P3D had the same problem.  There were several simvars that output course deflection and the devs just habitually referenced the wrong one.

Archived