No loadmeter discharge

testorius

"Check for loadmeter discharge" is a required test for Twin Otters with built-in de-icing system. The current consumption display on the ammeter is used to check the functional capabilities of individual components. Normally checked individually, I have switched them all on.

No change on the ammeter. This is wrong.

Please login to display this image.

If it is required in the procedures, you will also be able to read current changes.

I would ask the pilot to bring the aircraft into a low-consumption and therefore low-power state according to the checklist, then carry out the individual steps of the checklist and take a photo of the ammeter of each step. This is objective, quickly done and you would then also have the values by which the current strength must change. i think this can be implemented quickly in the programming, max 1h.

By the way, in section 9-1 De-Icing System under 9-1.4.6 After Start Engines there is another checklist item, which is also checked by the amperemeter.

PROP DEICE - observe loadmeter fluctuation indicating propeller de-icing cycling

With attention to detail and flight simulation, one would have to look at the complete de-icing system area in normal operating procedures and check the implementations.

Archived