Holding Pattern Problem (?)

Hello all,

Trying to practice holding patterns. Flying from KCLE to KORD. Landing 28R via WATSN4 Star. According to the chart there is a hold at HAUPO as shown. Attached are pics of the FMS with the hold showing inbd crs/dir as 283/R turn. This doesn't match up with the chart I tried manually to set it for 283/L but it changed the inbound course heading and when I tried to exec the plane started heading left way before it hit HAUPO. It continued past HAUPO and just kept going.

Something I've done wrong?

Thank all.

*** Update *** I went back in and reviewed my flight plan. When I chose a left turn it did show up correctly so I'll fly it again and see what happens.

Question, once you exec the hold is there anyway to deactivate it and remove it before you get to the waypoint?

Tnxs.

Please login to display this image.

I had the same issue a while back ago. Added a published hold to my flight plan, noticed that the entry course was a bit off and tried to correct it. It was however reverted back to the original course (which was only a couple of degrees off).

As for deleting a hold you go to the legs page and there you'll find two instances of the waypoint where the hold is. The second one should say "hold at <waypoint name>", just delete that one just as you delete any other waypoint on your flight plan.

I did some testing of holds ( there's a few tracks in the LNAV thread ) & couldn't get it to fly one resembling the one it was meant to, so I'd just put it down as a thing that needs work right now & not worry yourself overly. You might manage something like a hold if the inbound leg matches your track into the fix.

I flew the same flight today - KCLE to KORD. Programmed a hold at HAUPO. Upon reaching HAUPO it entered the holding pattern. As it made the 180 turn it kept hunting right and left to try to get back on track. As it flew the outbound leg it overshot the next 180 turn by 23 miles (I had entered 8 miles into the FMC). As it started to turn back it overshot the 180 turn and was going to turn a 360. I put it on heading mode, got it back on track and entered the exit mode. The FMC read "exit armed" so I thought that once I passed HAUPO it would de-arm itself which it did not. I had to go into legs and manually delete the hold at HAUPO.

Hopefully someone from Aerosoft has an answer.

Archived