Wrong airspeed indicators markings on the floaters

testorius

According to the original manual, the DHC-6 Series 300 floatplanes (I think amphibian same) are equipped with different airspeed indicators than the landplanes. The Maximum Operating Speed is lower.

(I did not check the limits information panels riveted to the ceiling)

Maximum operating speed (red radial line) 160
Normal Operating Range (green arc) 74 to 160
(The other markings are ok)

As you can see from the photo, is there a mistake here, or is this a compromise that was made?

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

Will look at our images but as far as I recall the float model we had images from had the non-float AIS instrument. And just as we did those little bit weird engine instruments that were not the same for left and right because it was like that on the real aircraft, it could be Anne modeled it like that.

As said will have a look.

If the display instruments are individually assigned to the aircraft variants, one could seriously consider customization. In contrast to the detail of the "little bit weird engine instruments", this misrepresentation complicates the routine scan of the main instruments during flight.

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, testorius said:

If the display instruments are individually assigned to the aircraft variants, one could seriously consider customization. In contrast to the detail of the "little bit weird engine instruments", this misrepresentation complicates the routine scan of the main instruments during flight.

Indeed, as in the real aircraft! 

It is not a misrepresentation, it is an actual representation of a real working aircraft. How much more realistic can you get? When we showed these things before release there were many people who commented that this gave the aircraft 'character'. We have no plans to change this at this moment. Perhaps later we might do a model that is factory new (I actually would REALLY like that), but now is not the time.

Archived