Perfect flight! IFR DHC-6 Winair TNCM - TKPK

A perfect IFR flight with native ATC,  native FlightPlan, real weather and of course Aerosoft DHC-6. 

Princess Juliana Intl to Bradshaw Intl  

TKPK MULLT2 ZPATA TKPK 

FP Distance: 62NM Cruise Altitude: 11000ft

Enroute Flight Time is 26 minute Expected Arrival at TKPK expexted by 19:34

18:43   (UTC) Parking 13 Cockpit Preparation. Note:  QNH is set  automatically (minor bug) . 50% fuel,  94% weight

18:54  TAKEOFF 

19:15  Cleared to instrument approach RNAV rwy25: NOVAR  4000  UDGEL 2500 RADAT 2000 then Visual to Rwy 25 

Minumums at 1000 BARO Threshold altitude 168ft (Attached outdated Approach Chart !) 

Please login to display this image.

My own developed application at 19:22 UTC shows the aicraft before turning to UDGEL

Landing at 19:36 after 53 minutes in flight, distance actually covered 92NM, Fuel Used 394LB, Average Fuel Flow 510 LB/H 

The DHC-6 is spot on on everything in terms of performance. 

Just a bit too difficult to maintain speed and rate of descent with throttle with flaps deployed. 

Fantastic!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok I did it, I was surprised the RNAV was working fine, FL110 was to much, I did stop at 9,000

The only thing I had to manage was the last 200feets , did use only 2 flaps (full flaps give you too much drag)

Reverse stoped the plane under 50feets, you need to put it back foward fast if you don't want to go backward

Throttle is little strange all in or all out , difficult to manage the in between, not responsive

For the rest the place is nice

• Herman locked this topic

Archived