New version released?

Reald

Just now, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes that is the update that was pending. It is also send to our resellers like OrbX, Marketplace and simMarket.

Thanks a lot.

The marketplace version shows 1.0.1, however it doesn't have any of the updates. Is it a different version number for marketplace? For example this is what it shows in my content manager but it's not the updated one:

Please login to display this image.

Cheers!

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, AHal said:

The marketplace version shows 1.0.1, however it doesn't have any of the updates. Is it a different version number for marketplace? For example this is what it shows in my content manager but it's not the updated one:

Please login to display this image.

Cheers!

I think they have simply not updated yet.

I understand, I wasn't complaining about it not being updated I just was confirming that the marketplace version and Aerosoft versions have different version numbers.

I generally like to avoid using 800 different installers and like to have everything tied to one MS account where nothing will ever get lost, if the item is available on the marketplace; albeit sure updates are a few hours later.

Cheers

32 minutes ago, AHal said:

... where nothing will ever get lost, if the item is available on the marketplace; albeit sure updates are a few hours later.

Sorry to say that the only plane I bought from Marketplace, was the only one I have lost from the sim,  had to delete it from the disc and reinstall from Content Manager 🙂 

To each their own. I like all of my purchased add-ons to come from one place as much as possible so they are under one account. Anything from marketplace is always in content manager, no external apps or installers required. I used to like the Orbx app, but they don't have all the content available and they also don't show you your purchased content on their world map from other online shops/marketplace like for example the Contrail installer does by scanning all of your libraries to avoid double purchases etc. Just a matter of preference I guess. For sure I would never buy from small indie devs that aren't established big players like Orbx or Aerosoft and could close up shop at any time, resulting in loss of purchase if you happen to lose the community folder file.

In any case, it's just a personal choice to prefer all my purchases linked to my main MS account.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I think they have simply not updated yet.

This same issue happened with one of the CRJ updates...doubt the MS update gets released today. Seems to me we would see Ver 1.0 not Ver 1.0.1 listed as our installed version if nothing has been done by Microsoft.

13 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

I don't see the update from Orbx... has anyone been able to update their Twotter purchased from them yet?

Carl

Not there yet I’d say it’ll be tomorrow now depending on where you live. For me it’s late in the evening here in Canada 

I think this update was efffed up just like a few CRJ updates. I'm talking about the Microsoft release. I don't see or hear any difference even though my version says 1.0.1

I did not do any updates. The version just says 1.0.1. Never had that happen before.

10 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes that is the update that was pending. It is also send to our resellers like OrbX, Marketplace and simMarket.

It doesn't appear to me Microsoft got the right update. No wing inspection lights, wind still very loud on open rear door. My version says 1.0.1. but I never applied an update. It just showed up that way.

I know you are sick and tired of this Otter already....lol but maybe you could look a little further into this.

49 minutes ago, rbringh said:

It doesn't appear to me Microsoft got the right update. No wing inspection lights, wind still very loud on open rear door. My version says 1.0.1. but I never applied an update. It just showed up that way.

I know you are sick and tired of this Otter already....lol but maybe you could look a little further into this.

1.0.1 has been the marketplace version since release; it has a different version number afaik.

vor 6 Stunden , AHal sagte:

1.0.1 has been the marketplace version since release; it has a different version number afaik.

yes, must be. still no MP/CM update over at MSFS, that's again quite annoying. they push out the whole plane in a private AS slot just for the Twotter and then cannot prioritize the patch in the same manner. 

First off all to the dev's of aerosoft:

congratulations and thank you for creating one of my wishlist items: the Tin Otter for MSFS.

I like the looks and while Iam not a real life Twotter pilot, I like the flightdynamics as well as the update on the autopliot and some other issues that has been released yesterday.

That being said, one thing Iam quite concerned about is the hot item at this moment: the sound.

My personal opinion is that I liked the previous version better but hey, thats just a matter of taste.

Anyway that there is still something wrong with it, I can tell even as a non real life twotter pilot.

I have full confidence that in the meantime you are well aware off this issue and might be working out some kind of solution for this.

At least thats my assumption from a well know brand like aerosoft.

And exactly this name that was build on years of developping high standard products for last simulators, is now been torn down on multiple fora.

Something I dont approve, but what is result of lack of communication towards the outside world. This leaves lot of room for speculations and other assumptions that trows everything in a downward spiral. Some examples:

- aerosoft wont be supporting the twtter anymore after last update beause they dont care

- "betatesters" that were trown out off the team because off comments and critisism on the product,

- even thoughts that downloadable soundpacks are a strategy to gain more money

- blaming asobo/microsoft for the lack of options and issues appearing in the twotter

A story has always two sides and Iam really wondering what your side off the story is. Iam well aware that there are trolls out there who maybe got nothing better to do than framing well established companies. In my own profession I had similar experiences, where i tought... "I dont waste my energy and time on these idiots and false statements". Just like in the current COVID pandamic, exactly this creates even more distrust in the brand, company or even persons.

If I need to give a opinion about the latest udate, I need to admit that you did well by informing the public quite on time that it will be delayed for whatever reason.

What I dont understand is that you claim that the soundissue has been fixed, while this is not the situation. There could be a ton of reasons for that, but it would suit you to release a statement to at least acknowledge the issue and the promise that it will be fixed. It would raise the trust and confidence in aerosoft (devteam, management etc) a bit again.

Iam sure, for a lot of people the critisism is not personal, but a frustration about people dont keep their promises or a lack of communication. Something we see also towards Asobo and Microsoft after releasing a new update that instead of fixing things, creates more issues. We all understand this happens but at least ackknowledge this and communicate this as soon as possible.

Last thing to mention, I loved your products in the past and Iam sure you will create even more/better products in the future. Keep up the great work that you are doing, and Iam looking forward to the next twotter sound update which would make this in a great need to have product.

Please dont let us down!

Kind regards PHjaap.   

Archived