Key bindings?

It’s a small thing but I dislike the cursor popping up on screen and the taskbar showing up when the cursor moves. I also get the tooltips popups and the blue ABC eye thingy when I touch anything that I can control. For these reasons I like to use bindings for controls.

I've tried my best but can't find the following:

Fuel boost pumps

Fuel selector

Battery/external power switch

Engine igniter

Ignition manual/normal cover

Ignition manual/normal switch

Forward and aft cargo door switches

Ram air lever

Left and right wing tank control switches

Caution lights switch (overhead)

Wing inspection switch (overhead)

Reading and entrance switches (overhead)

Flight compartment switch (overhead)

Fasten belts switch (overhead)

No smoking switch (overhead)

The three dim/bright panel rheostats (overhead)

Ceiling light (overhead co-pilot’s side)

I’ve tried the “SEARCH BY NAME” but I’m afraid that MSFS has this obscure naming convention and the description is, in most cases, non-existent. For example: In the “Instruments and Systems” > “Fuel” section choosing “FUEL SELECTOR 1 RIGHT” shows, in the “Description” panel, “FUEL SELECTOR 1 RIGHT” then, underneath, says “Turn fuel selector 1 to RIGHT position. Man, that's a lot of help.

Great plane and having a blast in it. Looking forward to more immersion with the key bindings.

Bob

• Aerosoft

Hi Bob,

MSFS bindings are quite basic.
They work perfactly for default aircraft.
Addons however sometimes have function not implemented in MSFS interfacing system, either

need to use other way of interfacing.

If you plan to go into deep detailed interfacing scheme, I suggest you use external utilities fro the buttons

such as AxisAndOhs or Spad.Next.
The axes however are best assigned from within the simultor directly.

As for the lights, please see this post : 

Best regards.

Thanks for your reply.

I'll maybe take your suggestion about the two utilities but I'll take my time researching which might be better.

I've got the basic lighting set up on my Honeycomb Alpha as the switches are marked for the lights. In other posts I find that the strobes don't work right now (maybe never).

Bob

edit: I just went to both Axis and Ohs and SPAD.neXt and both seem suitable for Saitek hardware. I only have the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and rudder pedals as well as the Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo so I guess I may try something else.

A thought just came to me: I bought the MilVis FG-1D Corsair and they bound the tailhook to the MSFS water rudder. This means something like this could be done for other planes. I'll ask about that.

B

23 minutes ago, AerobaticAce said:

edit: I just went to both Axis and Ohs and SPAD.neXt and both seem suitable for Saitek hardware

I can't speak for Axis and Ohs but SPAD.neXt is for any hardware that appears as a windows game controller (HID). It has a lot of support for specific other non-HID things, including Saitek panels, but it's a generic tool. (I think it was a mistake to name it for the original SPAD, which was specificlaly for Saitek panels.) You can certainly program your Alpha and Bravo with SPAD.neXt. A quick Google tells me the Warthog is a standard HID too, so you should be able to program that.

• Aerosoft

I confirm what Mark says about AAO and HID.

99% of the controls (yokes, throttles, rudder pedals, button boxes) are basically the same internally
A USB interface with buttons and potentiometers connected to them.
The main difference it the aspect of the mechanical devices attached to these buttons and potentiometers to operate them.

So, from AAO perspective for instance, theses are all the same : Buttons and potentiometers (axes)
Please check this post for information : 

I've been looking into the variables for the electricals like DC Source, DC Master, Engine Starter, Windshield heat etc.

All of them seem to use Bvars (like some of the default planes). Bvars cannot be mapped inside the sim and cannot be manipulated outside of the sim. The can only be activated by mouseclick.

However Axis and Ohs has an expermental feature for mapping Bvars to Lvars. I've experimented a bit with it tonight, but with no luck. Perhaps Guensellis Stream Deck profile for TBM930 (that has a lot of bvars) could be a source of inspiration?

Thank you folks for the input. UnsealedKarma seems to address the switches I was looking to get operating. I also just saw in the "General Discussion" section that Mathijs has a changelog for the upcoming update in a thread called "Update." This is encouraging.

Bob

• Aerosoft

As a general rule, the only currently available variables for the Twin Otter are the Lvars listed in AxisAndOhs.
Just use the "Read LVARs from sim" option in the "Scripting" menu.
This is what you currently get :

Please login to display this image.

Yeah but hi

vor 19 Stunden , SimWare sagte:

This is what you currently get :

The interesting question is, will you make it so that switch manipulation via LVar will be represented in the sim? So far no clear answer has been given to that.

• Aerosoft

Hi Deimos,

Sorry I am not sure I understand the question. 

Do you mean the visual animation of the switches or the

possibility to address the Lvars from within  the simulator directly ?

(As opposed from a third party program) 

Thanks.

Archived