De-ice systems not working

coupepilot01

Wing and stab de-ice boots will not inflate.  Engine inlet anti-ice also not working.  Switches are all in the correct positions.  Tried manual as well with no luck.  Pneumatic pressure is good.  Am I missing something?  Also, I know the torque is over redline.  I was checking if max power would change anything.  Also confirmed the torque split posted in a another thread is caused by engine inlet anti-ice switch.           

Please login to display this image.

It seems that icing has no effect on the aircarft performance. I have been flying under severe ice condition for an hour with Anti Ice System OFF and the twotter flew as normal as always. Look at my picture, the god damn plane is a popsicle.  Pure eye candy. 

13 hours ago, Federico Alonso said:

It seems that icing has no effect on the aircarft performance. I have been flying under severe ice condition for an hour with Anti Ice System OFF and the twotter flew as normal as always. Look at my picture, the god damn plane is a popsicle.  Pure eye candy. 

Have you set Icing to Visual Only in the settings? It was a bonkers problem for the CRJ so I've had visual icing only since buying that product. 

Also curious if the boots are working at all. Windshield heat seems fine. Pitot fine.

Boots doesn't seem to remove anything - at least not visually. Didn't recognize any performance degradation in iceing either...

• Deputy Sheriffs

The icing is just a texture mask depending on the icing percentage. Some special areas like windshield and pitot tube can be controlled individually if the switches are in the right position. But it's not a full simulation of removing the ice around the boots if the boots are on while rest of the frame keeps icing up.

• Aerosoft
18 minutes ago, Secondator said:

The icing is just a texture mask depending on the icing percentage. Some special areas like windshield and pitot tube can be controlled individually if the switches are in the right position. But it's not a full simulation of removing the ice around the boots if the boots are on while rest of the frame keeps icing up.

While that works for the windshield, that is not yet simulated for wings.

Ok. So they(boots)don't work visually.

But do they work...like in work...in the way that if you are iced down and you loose lift etc, they remove ice (though not visually) and you regain lift?

Starting to like Mr.Otter - looking forward to new sounds and possible patch after SU8 ;)

Archived