ILS landing

TomAce

First of all I wanna congratulate you with a really fine product. I see there is some potential like sounds etc. but all in all Ok for the price. I have today tried an ILS landing in Glasgow RWY 23 (ILS DME 110.1 freq IOO). In the manual it is recommended a landing approach speed not less than 94 KIAS when flaps are retracted or not less than 85 KIAS with flaps 10. My experience is that it cannot hold the correct 3 degree GS and resulting in coming in too low. It starts descending at the correct waypoint (D8.9 IOO) though. When I keep over 120-130 KIAS it can hold GS. Expecting to set full prop at 500 AGL, but ended up setting full prop at 1000 AGL as the plane were approaching way to low and had to go around. Am I doing something wrong? Too low speed maybe in the approach? 

For your information: I am in VLOC mode and APPR mode and has set the correct freq in NAV1. I get G/S capture and NAV capture.

Edit: The ILS problem is also commented in this review video: 

Thomas

I think there is a consensus that this is the AP speed issue - i.e. if you're too slow the AP can't hold altitude. My own experience of flying an ILS both successfully and unsuccessfully, which was very likely speed-related as I am not being particularly conscientious.

1 hour ago, Secondator said:

There should be some improvements to holding altitude and GS with the autopilot on the next update.

Thank you for information!

• Aerosoft

We now have done dozens of ILS landings and the new AP seems to be very stable. Up to a point of course, this is not an A320 with modern systems. It should bring you down to 150, 100 feet on the glideslope. 

One note on this. In the video's I seen so far almost all landings were done with max flaps. This is incorrect. Standard flaps for landing is 20 degrees. The combination of an ILS with 40 degrees flaps would be a very weird mix. You would only use 40 degrees when you would have to a very short landing and that is never combined with ILS.  All explained in the manual of course!

22 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We now have done dozens of ILS landings and the new AP seems to be very stable. Up to a point of course, this is not an A320 with modern systems. It should bring you down to 150, 100 feet on the glideslope. 

One note on this. In the video's I seen so far almost all landings were done with max flaps. This is incorrect. Standard flaps for landing is 20 degrees. The combination of an ILS with 40 degrees flaps would be a very weird mix. You would only use 40 degrees when you would have to a very short landing and that is never combined with ILS.  All explained in the manual of course!

That makes sense and that’s why I had a bad ILS approach I had full flaps set 

Archived